..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PERSONA3 FES settings for my system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The game was running great until I got Akihiko and got to the second block. Now it has a rather random - but big - audio/video stutter every 5 seconds or so when in battle.

What settings should I have PCSX2 at to maximize visuals and performance on my system? I'm fine with giving up a bit of the visual fidelity for performance, but I don't want to go full native settings.

I am currently using: Core i7 2670QM (2.2Ghz), 8GB 1600Mhz RAM, 1GB 7690M XT Radeon Graphics Card.

PCSX2 Settings:
Graphics: DirectX9 (Hardware), Custom Res: (1280x720), Semi-Texture Filtering, Logarithmic Z, Alpha Correction
Audio: SUP2-X, Interpolation 2, XAudio 2, Latency 161ms, Timestretch

I should mention that this is a laptop. An HP ENVY 17 3D-3000 to be precise.

So what can I change?
persona 3 is quite a demanding game, i can check for you how i run the game (almost got the same setup only the graphics differ but are on par with each other) but probably gonna be tommorow for an exact answer (need to be busy with school etc so no time now) il post my results when i have them, if someone else hasnt beat me to it lol.

*EDIT*

its probably not your graphics card but the processor.

have you tried any speedhacks?
Misaki make sure your powersavings is on high performance also it is recommended to download one of the later SVN Revisions, and then try the MTVU speedhack which your CPU might benefit from.
My computer is on high performance whenever I use pcsx2, so no problem there.

Could you tell me which speed hacks to use, how to enable them, and where to get that SVN revision, whatever it is?

I'm pretty new to pcsx2, what's weird is that P4 runs fine on the same settings.

Anyway, please let me know the above ASAP.
You can get the latest SVN version here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
So I just download and install that, I don't need to do anything else with it?

What about the MTVU speedhack? Are there any settings I need to change along with enabling it?

Any settings I should change anyway?
In addition to my post above: Should I enable any manual game fixes?
see attachment. those speedhacks are always active and never had any problems with it.. hopes it works for you Smile

and you dont have to use any other special gamefixes for persona 3
(03-31-2012, 07:13 PM)warWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]see attachment. those speedhacks are always active and never had any problems with it.. hopes it works for you Smile

So should I copy that screen completely?

What should my GS plugin settings be?
(03-31-2012, 07:14 PM)SoulMisaki Wrote: [ -> ]So should I copy that screen completely?

What should my GS plugin settings be?

you can copy it

use sse 4 and just use native for now, if you have fullspeed then you can always tweak the settings for better resolution. use dx 10/11 (11 if you have windows 7, 10 if you have vista but it doesnt really matter both are quite equal. )

hope it works for you Smile
Pages: 1 2