..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Word? or Extended?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm newb to the PCSX2 cheat patch, especially memory hack is one thing i'm not (yet) specialized in. I was reading this: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-pnach-files-work, but it didn't further explain the difference between Word and Extended and to use on which code.

Also there are 3 line codes after converted to raw becomes a single line with Omniconvert tool, it works when i put Extended, and there are 3 line code in as one which i'm not sure how to put.
Extended use as info(how long value you are going to modify),the fist digit of the address

If the value for your cheat is 1 byte long(value from 0-255(0-FF))...use only one address,you have to place 0 for the first digit of the address.

If the value for your cheat is 2 bytes long(value from 0-65535(0-FFFF))...uses two address,you have to place 1 for the first digit of the address.

If the value for your cheat is 1 byte long(value from 0-4294967295(0-FFFFFFFF))...uses 4 address,you have to place 2 for the first digit of the address.

With byte,short and word is almost the same but.
For first digit you must use either 0 or 2.

If the value for your cheat is 1 byte long(value from 0-255(0-FF))...use only one address,you have to place byte between the address and value

If the value for your cheat is 2 bytes long(value from 0-65535(0-FFFF))...uses two address,you have to place short between the address and value

If the value for your cheat is 1 byte long(value from 0-4294967295(0-FFFFFFFF))...uses 4 address,you have to place word between the address and value.

It's just easier to use extended and it's preferable
I prefer to keep it in Extended only. All of my Cheats work in extended Perfectly Fine. Smile
Cool, so i made 2 set of code based on my understanding, i tried Extended version ingame but it didn't have any effect and there's no red text on the PCSX2 log, could you verify if it contain error? Thanks

Code:
//High Dmg
patch=1,EE,203BB2DD,extended,0F0F0F0F
patch=1,EE,103BB2E1,extended,00000F0F
patch=1,EE,003BB2E3,extended,0000000F

Code:
//High Dmg
patch=1,EE,203BB2DD,word,0F0F0F0F
patch=1,EE,103BB2E1,short,00000F0F
patch=1,EE,003BB2E3,byte,0000000F
Both are correct...the code is either not for your version of the game or just wrong
It actually works! I thought it would be doing Max Dmg like 9999. But is based on the weapon's maximum damage range.

Awesome, thanks for the help!
In my expererience 'extended' always works unless the cheat starts with an A (ex: A01DA1A8 00000000). In that case I use 'word' or else it doesn't work