..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New forum member, (maybe) new problem (I think) with GS Plugin... (I think)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trawling around this forum seeking a similar problem to my own, and I apologize deeply if I missed it and this thread is an annoyance.

I am running pcsx2 using 32bit chroot on a 64bit ubuntu 11.10 installation.

My trouble appears to be with the ZZOgl PG 0.3.0 plugin.

When I switch to the GSNull device I can hear the sound and the emulator seems to run fine (albeit without video). When I switch the plugin to ZZOgl (the only other option with my current install of PCSX2), the application locks up and has to be forced down.

The terminal window I am executing from displays the following:

Quote:(lucid_i386)root@Monolith:/home/talbot# pcsx2
Interface is initializing. Entering Pcsx2App:OhmynInit!
Applying operating system default language...
SetLanguage: 'English (U.S.)' [] is not supported by the operating system
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
(UserMode) Found portable install ini @ /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/portable.ini
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZogl-PG: GSinit finished.
ZZogl-PG: Calling GSopen2.
ZZogl-PG: Capturing ZZOgl window.
ZZogl-PG: Only Singlebuffered Visual!
ZZogl-PG: Failed to get buffered Visual!
^C
(lucid_i386)root@Monolith:/home/talbot#

and PCSX2's log displays this:

Quote:PCSX2 0.9.9.r5142 - compiled on Apr 6 2012
Savestate version: 0x9a060000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Linux 3.0.0-16-generic i686
Physical RAM = 16080 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
CPU speed = 3.208 ghz (6 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

SetLanguage: 'English (U.S.)' [] is not supported by the operating system
Installing POSIX SIGSEGV handler...
Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libzzogl-0.3.0.so
Binding PAD : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libonepad-1.1.0.so
Binding SPU2 : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
Binding CDVD : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libCDVDnull.so
Binding USB : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
Binding FW : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libFWnull-0.7.0.so
Binding DEV9 : /home/talbot/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/plugins/libdev9null-0.5.0.so
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9641 games on record (loaded in 224ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

I can also start games, I hear them going, but again... no video!

Any ideas what I need to do ?
Is there a better/different plugin I can try ?

Again, millions of apologies if this is an already-addressed problem that I missed in the forums
GSnull == without video so that good. For zzogl, I will need zzogl log file, your GPU/drivers. Your probably badly install the 32bits driver in the chroot. Another possibility, you could upgrade to ubuntu 12.04. They have a "multiarch" feature that replace nicely the chroot.
(04-06-2012, 08:55 AM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]GSnull == without video so that good. For zzogl, I will need zzogl log file, your GPU/drivers. Your probably badly install the 32bits driver in the chroot. Another possibility, you could upgrade to ubuntu 12.04. They have a "multiarch" feature that replace nicely the chroot.

video card is GeForce GTX460, driver version 295.33. I am having sort of a challenge finding the zzogl log file though.

I have upgraded to 12.04 as of 20 minutes ago.

Should the binary be executing (as in: by clicking on it in Nautilus) in this new version? (it doesnt!)

Thanks very much for your assistance.
Welll on my side ~/.config/pcsx2/logs/GSzzogl.log but depends on your kind of installation.

You need to execute pcsx2 yes.
(04-06-2012, 07:22 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Welll on my side ~/.config/pcsx2/logs/GSzzogl.log but depends on your kind of installation.

You need to execute pcsx2 yes.

so... I have been sort of trying parallel approaches to my trouble, that is, doing the chroot to a 32bit version as well as having (now) updated to ubuntu precise. When I attempt to run the pcsx2 binary I see the following:

Quote:talbot@Monolith:~/Desktop/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux$ ./pcsx2
./pcsx2: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

a cursory search of my pc reveals that libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 does exist in a few places,

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
and
/srv/chroot/lucid_i386/usr/lib (as I said... I was pursuing the chroot solution for a time)

So... what exactly is pcsx2 looking for, and where is it looking ?
Double thanks again for any help received!
pcsx2 searches 32bits wx library. Just install libwxbase2.8-0:i386 and libwxgtk2.8-0:i386 on precise.
Progress...

Installing those libraries as you instructed got me somewhere. Now pcsx2 starts up and goes into the frist time set-up and all that, it even runs a game with the nullplugins... which is not totally useful.

the program log outputs the following when I open the plugin selector:

Quote:[wx] libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/talbot/Desktop/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/plugins/libzzogl.so
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/talbot/Desktop/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/plugins/libzzogl.so
[wx] libportaudio.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Path: /home/talbot/Desktop/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/plugins/libspu2x.so
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: /home/talbot/Desktop/pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux/plugins/libspu2x.so

So I am not the most highly proficient linux user in the world, and the most I could do was verify that the files were in fact present where pcsx2 was looking for them (and to no surprise: they are there). How do I convince pcsx2 they are 'valid' ?
You need all 32 bits dependency of pcsx2 and the plugins.
You need libjpeg6 (32 bits one), but I'm not sure Precise still have it. Libportaudio etc... Anyway just install my ppa and it would be fine (force the :i386 versions)

https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa
Hey thanks a ton Gregory,

I now have pcsx2 running flawlessly, and feel like I have learned a fair amount about ubuntu's system of managing libraries in the process.

Are there any suggested methods by which a thankful user of this software may donate something to its upkeep?