..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Reports] Final Fantasy X-2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 128f03407a4deecc6d9737cea054146e_43373488.untitled.png]
A very annoying bug with not only me but everyone in general and in particular FF series.
I hope it will be fixed soon and thank.
Known GSdx issue which can be fixed by using a software renderer. Moved out of bug reports.
I was going to say use native resolution Smile
Just press F9 untill you get over the fmv, then switch back again. ^^ at least that's what i did
If this bug could be solved in Hardware the game would proabably be playable on weaker cpus.
The game has like 5 short videos. You can view them on youtube if it's such a pain. Doesn't mean it's unplayable due to that.
5 short video's?!? I thought it had 11 orso Smile atleast what I could remember from some older posts Smile
I'm just curious, could this issue be fixed in the newest version of pcsx2? Not that I have an issue using software mode or watching it on youtube but just wonder if this is something that can be fixed someday or so?
That's very unlikely.
The black stripes are from upscaling a point list transferred video (can only be fixed by not using upscaling).
The flicker is from the bad texture cache (needs nearly a full rewrite of GSdx to get fixed, eventually).
And lastly it's slow because it uses the Vector Units for that point list transfer, only a fast computer can render it quickly enough.
In hardware mode I get about 40fps with the first FMV and with software it does down to about 20-30fps and this is running a weak intel pentium e2180 at 2ghz. being able to apply some of the hardware tweaks to make native look better in hardware mode would be a nice touch. if I am able to run it at 3/4 of the speed on a weak cpu like this someone with a stronger core 2 duo should be able to run it at 60fps.
Pages: 1 2