..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for android?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Guys im new here so i just want to ask one question: Can you make pcsx2 for android phones? I mean new android phones are already having quad-core processors, so can they support ps2 emulation? Can you try and make one?
Here are some links i found on the internet, are they legit?

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/br....mk?r=4337

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/br...oid?r=4337

Can you please help me and tell me if they are real or what? Thanx!
I dont think so, not the way it`s implied in the link you provided. I think it would take a near total rewrite and even then it would be difficult
I think we're at least 10 years too early to be playing PS2 games on our phones, if it happens at all Ninja
yeah.. thats pretty.. distant to achieve this.. even today not all computers can handle pcsx2, imagine mobile phones Tongue
Would people even want to play PS2 games on a tiny phone screen?
This is a legitimate question btw. No point considering a port when just 3 guys every try it out Tongue2
the droid hardware to do it too... is a point to consider....
(04-13-2012, 03:35 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Would people even want to play PS2 games on a tiny phone screen?
This is a legitimate question btw. No point considering a port when just 3 guys every try it out Tongue2

Yes i want to play ps2 games on my phone and i bet that many others want as well. I mean ps2 games are far better than the games for android. Just imagine playing gta or god of war games on your phone when you are not at home Tongue And i dont think that the galaxy s3, for example, will have a tiny screen, so thats not the problem Biggrin
And how will you press those 10 pad buttons needed to play the game? Tongue2
I tried bit of Dino Crisis 2 on my android phone using fpse. It runs full speed with all its glory and looks really good. It was fun for a while but became kinda irritating soon. Its no fun when major part of your screen is used as a controller (for most cellphones). I got a phone with hardware QWERTY keypad but believe me it is really cumbersome to get the controls right even with a hardware keypad. So IMHO when playing PSX games is a pain PS2 games will only get worse.

I think only potential will be on 7 or 10 inch andorid tablets which support USB/Wireless controllers.
I think the people enjoying PS1 games most on their phones are using Xperia Play. I don't know how successful it was, but hopefully Sony focuses more than on things like that and less on things like Vita.
Pages: 1 2 3