..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: AVX and MMX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been playing on PCSX2 for quite awhile, and I like using the nightly dev builds. While reading the official guide (and the quickstart one) to setup PCSX2 I managed to miss the AVX and MMX version of GSdx, since the guide only covers SSE2, SSSE3 and SSE4.1. Today I updated my build and saw those. What is the AVX and MMX version for, and is it better than SSE4.1?
AVX is good for gsdx in software mode (its also only available on second gen I series Intel processors.)

If you have a AMD processor then choose the sse2 plugin for best performance

If you have a modern Intel cpu (p4 - i7) use the SSE4.1 plugin for best performance
AVX is the same as sse4.1 but taking advantage on software mode....AVX is only for 2nd gen intel-i and AMD-FX CPUs.
MMX is pretty old now since PentiumII nothing useful anymore since the arcade emulators e.g. NeoRageX and VideoCD player that uses MMX.
Oh, I get it now. Thanks.
I'll stick to SSE4.1. =3
Does a plugin for SSE4.2 exist?
(04-18-2012, 04:30 PM)GrygrFlzr Wrote: [ -> ]Does a plugin for SSE4.2 exist?

sse4.2 does not exist
AVX was the latest plug-in.
From the current options this is the list from slowest to fastest:
SSE2 > SSSE3 > SSE4.1 > AVX

The difference is pretty small though.
im using AVX is it faster than SSE4.1?
Your question was answered in this post =/

(04-18-2012, 05:00 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]From the current options this is the list from slowest to fastest:
SSE2 > SSSE3 > SSE4.1 > AVX

The difference is pretty small though.

Assume you just didnt see it before making yours though
(04-18-2012, 04:39 PM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]sse4.2 does not exist
AVX was the latest plug-in.

* Squall Leonhart Slaps tallbender stupid.

4.2 was introduced with nahalem
(04-19-2012, 01:35 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]* Squall Leonhart Slaps tallbender stupid.

4.2 was introduced with nahalem
(04-18-2012, 04:39 PM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]AVX was the latest plug-in.

excuse me i'm talking about the plug-in you mean sse4.2 for GSdx is released???? if so then where is it????
Pages: 1 2