..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Widescreen Helper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a simple program to help search out potential widescreen cheats and automatically patch them as they change or you can use it find a specific value and make your own pnach file.
[attachment=32056]
Games it currently works with @ default values
Shadow hearts 2 (3xx range)
[attachment=31731]
Shadow Hearts 3 (3xx range)
Onimusha Series (3xx range)
Kuon (3xx range)
[attachment=31729][attachment=31730]
Final Fantasy X (2xx range)
Final Fantasy X2 (2xx range)
Clocktower 3 w/ 3F54FDF4 (2xx range)

2xx = 20000000 - 2FFFFFFF (static)
3xx = 30000000 - 3FFFFFFF (dynamic)

Usage
make sure pcsx2 is named pcsx2.exe so it can find the process running
run game

Widescreen Information::
Most games store the aspect ratio setting under some 3F------ value, [3F733333, 3F466666, 3F400000, 3F39999A ..etc] (3F4CCCCD, 3F800000 are the most common), while some games use a 3D Float Vector "X: 448, Y: 512, Z: 448"
(in hex 43CE0000= 412, 43e00000 = 448, 44000000 = 512, 44200000 = 640).
I included a built in float to hex converter if you need to find a specific float value (right click Scan Options -> converter)
You can stop scanning just uncheck the 2xxx or 3xxx box.
If you don't know the exact value you can scan with shorter 4 character hex like 3F4C and then replace with 3F4B .
A fast CPU will help the searching time, searching byte by byte is a slow process.

Sample HOW-TO::
Lets use Final Fantasy X as the example.
1. Start the game and wait for a 3D Scene then make a SaveState with pcsx2 so you can quickly return to a clean test scene without restarting.
2. Start widescreen helper, Click Enable Logging then check the 2xxx range.
3 if you notice the screen resize in FFX un-check 2xxx to stop scanning.
4. in the log window you will notice a few values, open notepad and paste the values in, save the file under pcsx2\cheats\GameCRC.pnach
5. With pcsx2, System -> Enable Cheats (reload your save-state to see if the pnach takes effect) , you can also further edit the pnach to narrow it down to a single value if widescreen helper found more then one result.
For the 3xxx range you have to keep wsh running for patching to take effect since this memory range is dynamic and constantly changes.

If you still have no luck finding a usable value, you can use a more developed program like CheatEngine to further your searching ability.

Widescreen Pnach threads / Resources::
List of current WideScreen Patches
synce's beginner howto guide

Fineprint

This program was originally intended for Shadow Hearts 2, I have further adapted it so it can search other memory ranges.
I can only test this program on my pc I have no idea how it will work on other computers or OS,
since it edits memory ranges while pcsx2 is running it could cause pcsx2 to crash or other errors, so make sure you backup any critical data like memory cards.
Consider this program beta and as-is, use it at own risk. I just created it as a test to see how / if it would work.
Please don't distribute this on other sites.
This program is not associated with pcsx2 or its developers in any-way and is provided as-is.

Current Version (6/19/12)
WideScreen Helper v1.0.5[attachment=38483]
Current Widescreen pnach UPDATE (overwrite ws folder) - [attachment=38959]

NOTE Re-Archived the file with deflate method since some people had trouble with PPMD zip files.

---

Update v1.0.5[attachment=38483]
-added 16:10 option in profile, future 16:10 patches will go into its own folder to avoid confusion.
-Fixed a few possible exception errors.
-Added version to titlebar.
-Updated pnach.

Update v1.0.4
-Fixed up region detection (was reporting wrong region on some patches, still buggy, but should be more accurate now)
-Removed delay from profile pnach's since this operation uses very little cpu to update the values, 45ms is as fast as I can get it to go, you can still use the patch delay option to slow it down if needed.
-Added refresh link to refresh profiles so you can edit a patch or add new ones.
-You can now double click on a profile item to edit a pnach in notepad.
-update ws folder with latest patches.

Update v1.0.3[attachment=32055] -
-Added new pnach loader, click the 'Profile' text (this should actually work with all pnach files, though for the application purpose I have included most of the current Widescreen patches created by various forum members, (I have kept the pnach files separate from the pcsx2 cheats folder (check the WS folder))
[profile pnaches will be re-applied every second, I can make this faster if needed]
-Added Patch delay option from 0 to 30 seconds, this controls how long to wait before applying a pnatch (for example ICO widescreen patch might benefit from this on level transitions to prevent crashes)
-Added CPU Utilization option from max to idle since it takes a lot of resources to scan ranges of memory, max will scan at full speed with no delays.
-Black theme same as Jpcsp launcher. Smile
-No longer scale, always used fixed size text (to prevent font size problems caused by windows font scaling)
-Use cleartype fonts.
-Some code cleanup.
-DEP, ALSR support.
[Note: Due to the variances in the pnach files this program will first read the gametitle section if that's not available then it will read the comment section, and as a last resort fallback to the filename) so expect bugs with the gamenames.
To obtain the region it needs to search the for text in the files {pal, ntsc ..etc} so if the patch creator left it out it will show as a ?.]
[Note: when using the profiles don't check the 2xxx or 3xxx checkboxes as this will cause a bug, I will fix this in the next version]

Update v1.0.2:[attachment=31728]
Added new converter (float to hex or hex to float) +updates find hex on the fly.
Automatically calculate replace value when find value is modified.
Added pulldown menus with preset values.

Update v1.0.1:
Reduced cpu usage;
Added Quick Scan option (reduces range scanned)
Added Delay 2s on change

Update v0.0.9:
Found a critical bug as I was closing the project so I had to fix.
Now scanning time is 50-90% faster.
Correctly shows the scanned ranges.
Re-wrote scan engine to be more efficient.

Update v0.0.8:
Added incremental scanning. (Right click -> Scan Options -> Incremental scanning | or Ins)
(I would only use it on short hex like 3F4C (on the next round it will increase to 3F4D))
Changed 3xxx logging message
Improve threading slightly.

Update v0.0.7:
Gui updates
Added Clear log, Hide/show, Disable & Enable log features
Added new right click context menu for always on top , clear log, close (also accessible from the tray icon)
Added minimize icon to toolbar.
Fixed size GUI OS font scaling shouldn't effect any text now.

Update v0.0.6a:
Fixed log clear when right clicking.
Update v0.0.6:
Worked out some bugs
Now can search minimal ranges such as 3F4C (was broken before)
Show range being searched in status bar
Stickied, good job Smile
[attachment=31777]Help me with "the lord of the rings - the two towers" please...i've found the value..but it didn't gave the effect.. Anyway..is there any new project for gsdx? To put the (real) widescreen mode in the plugin options? I began to desperate.. :'(
Update v1.0.3
-Added new pnach loader, click the 'Profile' text (this should actually work with all pnach files, though for the application purpose I have included most of the current Widescreen patches created by various forum members, (I have kept the pnach files separate from the pcsx2 cheats folder (check the WS folder))
[profile pnaches will be re-applied every second, I can make this faster if needed]
-Added Patch delay option from 0 to 30 seconds, this controls how long to wait before applying a pnatch (for example ICO widescreen patch might benefit from this on level transitions to prevent crashes)
-Added CPU Utilization option from max to idle since it takes a lot of resources to scan ranges of memory, max will scan at full speed with no delays.
-Black theme same as Jpcsp launcher. Smile
-No longer scale, always used fixed size text (to prevent font size problems caused by windows font scaling)
-Use cleartype fonts.
-Some code cleanup.
-DEP, ALSR support.

[Note: Due to the variances in the pnach files this program will first read the gametitle section if that's not available then it will read the comment section, and as a last resort fallback to the filename) so expect bugs with the gamenames]
[Note: when using the profiles don't check the 2xxx or 3xxx checkboxes as this will cause a bug, I will fix this in the next version]

If you want to add a pnatch or change an existing one msg me with the new pnacth and ill add it to the next version.
How should i enable the patches? i copied them in /cheats (i also tried with /plugins) but nothing happens when i run the game (MGS3 for example)... Blush
Is "Enable Cheats" checked under system?
(07-05-2012, 10:24 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Is "Enable Cheats" checked under system?

Yes, is enabled.

(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.15;1) Game CRC = 0xAA31B5BF

Thanks for the fast reply !
You're using some EmuCR builds, which are unofficial and unsupported here.
(07-05-2012, 10:33 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You're using some EmuCR builds, which are unofficial and unsupported here.

Official build:

I dont know where should i copy /cheats folder so i copied it to documents/pcsx2 and /cheats inside pcsx2 original folder.
Cheats should be with a small c not a capital one. Also please post smaller images.
Pages: 1 2 3