..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(04-19-2013, 06:40 AM)ProstheticBeard Wrote: [ -> ]I've done all of this multiples times. I'm new to all of this and have been trying to figure it out for days. I just bought Tales of the Abyss and later found out that my ps3 doesn't even support ps2 compatibility. So I've come to the conclusion that I've wasted money on the game and the memory card as well. I've been down right pissed about the whole situation. I've redone it like three times. Getting different errors. I don't know if I'm missing plugins or what, but it's driving me nuts. What do I do when I put the disc in my macbook? Sometimes it doesn't even say that I have a disc in the drive. Help?

you'll need to turn it into an iso to make it work.
pcsx2 for mac is unable to read physical discs ATM.

did you extract the bios from your PS2 too ? Because you're going to need it to make pcsx2 run.
And this is what I get when I follow the instructions in the first post:

Tylers-MacBook-Pro:~ tylerkadell$ diskutil unmountDisk disk1
Unmount of all volumes on disk1 was successful
Tylers-MacBook-Pro:~ tylerkadell$ dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/Users/Tyler-Kadell/Desktop/Tales_of_the_Abyss.iso
dd: /Users/Tyler-Kadell/Desktop/Tales_of_the_Abyss.iso: No such file or directory
Tylers-MacBook-Pro:~ tylerkadell$
And if I try to run it any other way it says there is no disc present. Like I don't know what it wants from me. Haha. I honestly wish I could talk to someone over the phone about this *****.

Edit: I got bios from a friend of a friend, but I'm not sure if it's loaded on there correctly or not.

I don't even have a pcsx folder.. so I can't put my bios in there. So lost. Heeeet it.
(03-26-2013, 06:28 AM)jprizzz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

i did everything this guide says... everything but when i try to open pcsx2 terminal opens and says:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/pcsx2/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.6/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

[Process completed]

and when I tired the X11 part it said the ./pcsx2 didnt exist or something....

I JUST WANNA PLAY PS2 ON MY MAC Sad
Well, your code is wrong, it looks like this:
Code:
/Volumes/PCSX2 0.9.6/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
The /. is not supposed to be there, try to do the guide again but this time no /./ only ./

(04-19-2013, 06:40 AM)ProstheticBeard Wrote: [ -> ]I've done all of this multiples times. I'm new to all of this and have been trying to figure it out for days. I just bought Tales of the Abyss and later found out that my ps3 doesn't even support ps2 compatibility. So I've come to the conclusion that I've wasted money on the game and the memory card as well. I've been down right pissed about the whole situation. I've redone it like three times. Getting different errors. I don't know if I'm missing plugins or what, but it's driving me nuts. What do I do when I put the disc in my macbook? Sometimes it doesn't even say that I have a disc in the drive. Help?

You have to RIP the disk onto your hard drive as the mac version is not able to run of the CD/DVD rom, the RIP code should be in the main post, also, post ay errors encountered during startup of PCSX2 or a game, then we can help you better ^_^
Hi,

I need your help. I've started everything as you said on your first guide but when it comes to enter my password after the 'sudo tcsh' command, it tells me that I'm doing a wrong password. But I'm SURE I'm doing it right. Do you know what the problem could be ?
Thanks.
(04-19-2013, 06:52 AM)ProstheticBeard Wrote: [ -> ]And if I try to run it any other way it says there is no disc present. Like I don't know what it wants from me. Haha. I honestly wish I could talk to someone over the phone about this *****.

Edit: I got bios from a friend of a friend, but I'm not sure if it's loaded on there correctly or not.

I don't even have a pcsx folder.. so I can't put my bios in there. So lost. Heeeet it.

Sorry, the BIOS must be your own :/

(04-21-2013, 05:11 PM)SNoise Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I need your help. I've started everything as you said on your first guide but when it comes to enter my password after the 'sudo tcsh' command, it tells me that I'm doing a wrong password. But I'm SURE I'm doing it right. Do you know what the problem could be ?
Thanks.

It is the wrong password
You need the password for the root user, not your own.

EDIT:
You may have mistyped when making the password
tried everything mentioned here and nothing, just a blinking window and no PCSX2
(04-22-2013, 04:16 AM)marcelokurimori Wrote: [ -> ]tried everything mentioned here and nothing, just a blinking window and no PCSX2

Second guide should help with that ^_^
I have a further problem: PCSX.2 starts, but when I try to launch the iso i created with Disk Utility it crashes and on the "bash" terminal appears:

"
ZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLES_511.14;1; CRC = 768D7B3C
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 2292 Bus error: 10 ./pcsx2

"

Any ideas?
(04-26-2013, 01:33 PM)Rider4ever93 Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas?

No, but look here, this is from the first post:
(05-02-2012, 11:04 AM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]
FAQ section:
(far from finished ofc, just ask anything)

Q:
I get this code
Code:
***A crapload of text above this point***
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 46030 Bus error               ./pcsx2

A:
Okay, you need to go and rip the BIOS from YOUR OWN Playstation 2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31