..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(06-19-2013, 02:05 PM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]All of you install windows on your mac or bootcamp Smile

Completely off topic and expensive.
Avoid this kind of comment please.
(06-19-2013, 03:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Completely off topic and expensive.
Avoid this kind of comment please.

sorry sir but i thought its on topic because they facing problems with pcsx2 on mac version
so i only advised them to install windows or bootcamp on their mac & it should be okay
decision is their whether they want to spend money or not
(06-20-2013, 06:39 AM)Preet Wrote: [ -> ]sorry sir but i thought its on topic because they facing problems with pcsx2 on mac version
so i only advised them to install windows or bootcamp on their mac & it should be okay
decision is their whether they want to spend money or not

this is the kind of advice you can give when a game is simply not compatible with the mac port.

but don't post this in a thread that aims at supporting users of this same mac port Tongue2
(06-20-2013, 06:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]this is the kind of advice you can give when a game is simply not compatible with the mac port.

but don't post this in a thread that aims at supporting users of this same mac port Tongue2

okay sir i'll not post Smile
Thanks for understanding, Preet ^_^
(06-30-2013, 09:48 PM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for understanding, Preet ^_^

No problem Wink
Whenever i try to open up the emulator on my mac it says that terminal is restricted to users, is there any way around that?
Enable root user, as stated in the guide.
And then launch your terminal as root.
Hello everyone, first timer over here.

Ive spent the past few days following instructions and all the possible guides that you have posted on the mac forums but for some reason i still cant seem to understand how to fix the problem.

What Im using:
- Mac OSX 10.7.5
- Pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha

The issue:
pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha will not open, results in a message in Terminal. (look at attachment for the message). [attachment=45137]

YES i have downloaded all the requirements (based off the guide here).
YES i have installed all the requirements (based off the guide here).
YES pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha is in my applications folder.

I think what Im doing wrong is where I need to enable root use and type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/
sudo tcsh
/pcsx2

There is no window or anything where I can actually type this. (refer to my attachment to see what I mean). [attachment=45138]
Furthermore, I tried doing it in terminal, and still nothing happened.

After spending hours reading these threads, theres so many overlapping issues and solutions for every different problem that now its just confusing lol. Im not very good with this sort of stuff, I have just followed instructions all the way and now im hitting a wall!

Any sort of help would be greatly apreciated. Ill keep trying in the mean time.

Thanks!
(07-29-2013, 08:54 PM)Brianlevisalles Wrote: [ -> ]There is no window or anything where I can actually type this. (refer to my attachment to see what I mean).
Furthermore, I tried doing it in terminal, and still nothing happened.

Weird I just misread the directions in the exact same way like two days ago. It seems that you're supposed to go back to terminal (or the terminal window that opens in X11) and type that stuff.

However, you said you already did that and it didn't work, so you and I are in the same boat now except I'm using 10.5.8 and you're using 10.7 and we don't have the same error messages. But same boat just in terms of no idea where to go forward and how to fix this. But yeah, just for the clarification regarding where to type that stuff, it's supposed to be in the terminal window in X11 (aka Quartz or something on other operating systems I think? I mean people keep calling it Quartz but it opens as "X11" for me so I don't know) I'm 99% sure.

The rest I have no idea. Hopefully someone can respond and help us both.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31