..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(07-24-2014, 10:16 PM)Snake Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Kaze!!

Thanks for the tutorial!!
But I'm having some error messages on X11 and everytime it shuts my PCSX2 just by starting the game.

It reports the following message:

# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios Complete
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1
Loading from a CD rom or CD image
loadElfFile: 356404
addr 155c8 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
addr 15d30 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
addr 21798 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
addr 90700 "rom0OhmySDSYS" -> "cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1"
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLUS_212.43;1; CRC = 01B2FA7F
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
Offset 0xea0a40d0 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 11166 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

Can you help me to solve it?

Thanks!!

Refer to the FAQ in the first post, thank you.
Hi,
I'm just wondering if anyone was able to setup 0.9.7 alpha version on Mavericks?
I've already tried a lot of things, but when I run the game the console just close, without any error message.

Thanks,
Mauro
Try the 0.9.6 version? For leo or Snow Leo, try both Smile
And completely remove each version in between each try.
Hi, sorry about that, but I have to ask one question about the seg 11 error.

As you say, it comes usually from a bad rip. However, my game can work just fine as long as the EErec/IOP recompiler is desactivated. It is too slow to enjoy playing, but still it's working. So I thought I could have a config problem and someone could help me here.

I tried to follow the advice from the windows pcsX2 guide :
- EE sync Hacks : default cycle rate
- Enable IOP x2 cycle rate : disabled
- Round mode : chop/zero
- Clamp mode : normale

The game is Dark Chronicle.
My mac informations : version 10.9.4, 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5.

Edit : I tried some other things. I've now disabled all speed hacks and tried the microVU0 and 1 (beta).
To launch my game I always disable EErec. After a while I pause the game to enable it.
I've just tried to play with frame skip. It didn't close PCSX2 this time ! But the game freezed haha.
(08-05-2014, 04:30 PM)Nebravi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, sorry about that, but I have to ask one question about the seg 11 error.

As you say, it comes usually from a bad rip. However, my game can work just fine as long as the EErec/IOP recompiler is desactivated. It is too slow to enjoy playing, but still it's working. So I thought I could have a config problem and someone could help me here.

I tried to follow the advice from the windows pcsX2 guide :
- EE sync Hacks : default cycle rate
- Enable IOP x2 cycle rate : disabled
- Round mode : chop/zero
- Clamp mode : normale

The game is Dark Chronicle.
My mac informations : version 10.9.4, 1,7 GHz Intel Core i5.

Edit : I tried some other things. I've now disabled all speed hacks and tried the microVU0 and 1 (beta).
To launch my game I always disable EErec. After a while I pause the game to enable it.
I've just tried to play with frame skip. It didn't close PCSX2 this time ! But the game freezed haha.

Sad to say that the windows guides may not exactly have the same effects in the Mac version as they do in their own version.
My recommendation is to set all settings (except controller) to default and try to change settings one at a time to see what works and how well. Also, keep in mind that PCSX2 for Mac is a Beta(if not Alpha) and does not have even halfway the same compatibility as the Windows one.
I wish you luck Smile
(08-05-2014, 07:47 PM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]Sad to say that the windows guides may not exactly have the same effects in the Mac version as they do in their own version.
My recommendation is to set all settings (except controller) to default and try to change settings one at a time to see what works and how well. Also, keep in mind that PCSX2 for Mac is a Beta(if not Alpha) and does not have even halfway the same compatibility as the Windows one.
I wish you luck Smile

Ok, thanks anyway Smile If I ever work this out I will update this post for other people.
(07-27-2012, 05:47 PM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]Always listen to Zedr0n, he made this app, after all ^_^

Biggrinso far im getting the ps2 start up to work but cant load any ps2 games i cant use my cds because they are broken from age and my iso i downloaded doesnt work is it the emulator or me i will try other games using dynasty warriors 4 a game that i own but redownloaded because the cd is pretty damaged
(10-07-2014, 06:41 PM)Gerlontwofinger Wrote: [ -> ]my iso i downloaded doesnt work is it the emulator or me i will try other games using dynasty warriors 4 a game that i own but redownloaded because the cd is pretty damaged
no one will help you.

Have a warning for piracy BTW
I followed every instruction and im just one step away. Bus error.....
does this have anything to do with BIOS or other stuff? im new to this whole thing.
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZZogl: Using ZZ Ogl :0.21.213
ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-9MMz8E/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Fill bilinear blocks failed!
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
Plugins opened successfully.
loadElfCRC: cdrom0:\SLPS_258.87;1
loadElfFile: 3471624 bytes
loadElfFile: cdrom0:\SLPS_258.87;1; CRC = 321C5C3BXML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 19933 Bus error: 10 ./pcsx2
When I type in ./pcsx2.app, it opens up the actual thing, but it then again closes right after.
I get this message: http://puu.sh/csq2y/f35ea6b5f4.png
But the the app still opens then quickly closes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31