..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(07-27-2012, 12:44 AM)JaiKai Wrote: [ -> ]I keep getting this when I load the Lion 0.9.7 version and can't for the life of me figure out why it refuses to load the GS plugin? I checked the contents of the app and it shows the plugin libraries being there but doesn't want to recognise them. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

I'm having the same problem as this user. I've followed this guide, installed the NVIDIA CG frameworks, downloaded and ran the installer for ZZOgl, checked to make sure it's in the plugins directory (it is) and PCSX2 still doesn't see it and still keeps telling me to configure it. Note that I'm using Mountain Lion, but I still have all the other steps completed and the rest of the program seems to work fine. Is there anything else I can try?
HOLY SH**!

I don't know why, but I haven't got any of the mails I am supposed to get when people answer here, so sorry for being late.

(09-18-2012, 03:34 PM)Secruoser Wrote: [ -> ]I've already got the BIOS but it's a bunch of files. I don't even know whether they are the correct files. How many files I need to have in the 'bios' folder? What are the extensions of all the files, and their sizes? Just want to make sure I have the correct files and I put them into

Code:
Contents/Resources/pcsx2/bios

which I don't even know if I do it right.

When I run pcsx2, I got this:

Then I ran the (game).bin file by clicking File > run iso image...

and I got this:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You are clearly doing something wrong with the BIOS, and if my memory serves, you are only supposed to get 1 file when doing it properly... Please redump your BIOS...

(09-19-2012, 07:15 AM)renzeenee Wrote: [ -> ]I followed both guides word for word but all I get is this:

bash: cd: /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/: No such file or directory

over and over. Running Lion currently, with little to no idea what I'm doing. Also, Batchmod requires me to chose a file to edit. What file??? Help! i can't seem to get anywhere due to the error message above.

The solution here should be BatChMod, the file to edit is PCSX2.app

(09-22-2012, 09:35 PM)Zilla Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem as this user. I've followed this guide, installed the NVIDIA CG frameworks, downloaded and ran the installer for ZZOgl, checked to make sure it's in the plugins directory (it is) and PCSX2 still doesn't see it and still keeps telling me to configure it. Note that I'm using Mountain Lion, but I still have all the other steps completed and the rest of the program seems to work fine. Is there anything else I can try?

Hmmmm, did you try the 2nd guide? And could I please have some screenshots or something?
(09-24-2012, 09:47 AM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]HOLY SH**!

I don't know why, but I haven't got any of the mails I am supposed to get when people answer here, so sorry for being late.

You are clearly doing something wrong with the BIOS, and if my memory serves, you are only supposed to get 1 file when doing it properly... Please redump your BIOS...

The solution here should be BatChMod, the file to edit is PCSX2.app

Hmmmm, did you try the 2nd guide? And could I please have some screenshots or something?

I did try the second guide, but it didn't help. I'm attaching two screenshots, one of the error message and one of my plugin selection screen next to my plugins directory (note that ZZOgl is in there.) The drop-down menu for GS plugins is empty, although you can't tell in the screenshot.
(09-25-2012, 08:09 AM)Zilla Wrote: [ -> ]I did try the second guide, but it didn't help. I'm attaching two screenshots, one of the error message and one of my plugin selection screen next to my plugins directory (note that ZZOgl is in there.) The drop-down menu for GS plugins is empty, although you can't tell in the screenshot.

Try to change .so to .bundle
(09-25-2012, 08:36 AM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]Try to change .so to .bundle

No luck there. I tried repeating the second guide afterwards but it made no difference. I should note that I'm running Mountain Lion, which doesn't bundle X11 anymore, so I had to run xterm from XQuartz, but I'm not sure that that would make a difference.
(09-25-2012, 08:47 AM)Zilla Wrote: [ -> ]No luck there. I tried repeating the second guide afterwards but it made no difference. I should note that I'm running Mountain Lion, which doesn't bundle X11 anymore, so I had to run xterm from XQuartz, but I'm not sure that that would make a difference.

I think there is no big difference between X11 and XQ, wich file do you change the rights of with BatChMod? Do it with the whole PCSX2.app

Other than that, please try to reinstall PCSX2 (delete it and install it anew) then try to run it with the default GS plugin.
(09-25-2012, 02:41 PM)Kaze Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is no big difference between X11 and XQ, wich file do you change the rights of with BatChMod? Do it with the whole PCSX2.app

Other than that, please try to reinstall PCSX2 (delete it and install it anew) then try to run it with the default GS plugin.

Well, after reinstalling it (which I've done before with no luck) the error has finally gone away, and I've managed to configure the graphics.

Unfortunately, it keeps crashing with segmentation faults every time I launch a game, either right away in the case of a full boot, or within thirty seconds in the case of a fast boot. Looks like it's a common issue though...

(09-26-2012, 01:26 AM)Zilla Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after reinstalling it (which I've done before with no luck) the error has finally gone away, and I've managed to configure the graphics.

Unfortunately, it keeps crashing with segmentation faults every time I launch a game, either right away in the case of a full boot, or within thirty seconds in the case of a fast boot. There aren't even any other errors to go off of, just "segmentation fault 11." Looks like it's a common issue though.
(09-26-2012, 01:26 AM)Zilla Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after reinstalling it (which I've done before with no luck) the error has finally gone away, and I've managed to configure the graphics.

Unfortunately, it keeps crashing with segmentation faults every time I launch a game, either right away in the case of a full boot, or within thirty seconds in the case of a fast boot. Looks like it's a common issue though...
I have not heard anything of it being a common issue, seg-faults are usually caused by bad RIPS, how do you rip them? You need to RIP them a certain way for them to be in the correct format.
Hai I'm still newbie here, and wonder if there is anyone ever experience this kind of fault.

when I'm trying to run bios (no disc) to check if my bios is correctly loaded, I've got this message from X11

MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-JjeB4X/org.x:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
Opening PAD1...
Opening PAD2...
Opening SPU2...
Opening DEV9...
Opening USB...
Opening FW...
Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
Running the PS2 BIOS...
Opening Plugins...
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 4713 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

the last log says line 2: 4713 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2 seems like it's cannot load the bios. I set the bios directory inside the pcsx2.app/contents/resources/bios and also set the chmod 777 recursively for this resources. Even I try using batChmod or use root privilege to start the app. the result is still the same.

I've tried 5 kind of Bios to be loaded
Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console (PS2)
Europe v02.00(04/06/2004) Console (SCPH)
USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console (SCPH)
Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console (SCPH)
USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console (SCPH)

I also have already enabling the console in the Misc Menu.

is there any configuration I have missed or anyone has suggestion for me... thanks before.
(10-07-2012, 12:11 PM)y3syurn Wrote: [ -> ]Hai I'm still newbie here, and wonder if there is anyone ever experience this kind of fault.

when I'm trying to run bios (no disc) to check if my bios is correctly loaded, I've got this message from X11
Code:
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-JjeB4X/org.x:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
        Opening PAD1...
        Opening PAD2...
        Opening SPU2...
        Opening DEV9...
        Opening USB...
        Opening FW...
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
vtlb/mmap: Block Tracking reset...
iR3000A Resetting recompiler memory and structures
Running the PS2 BIOS...
Opening Plugins...
pcsx2.sh: line 2:  4713 Segmentation fault: 11  ./pcsx2
the last log says line 2: 4713 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2 seems like it's cannot load the bios. I set the bios directory inside the pcsx2.app/contents/resources/bios and also set the chmod 777 recursively for this resources. Even I try using batChmod or use root privilege to start the app. the result is still the same.

I've tried 5 kind of Bios to be loaded
Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console (PS2)
Europe v02.00(04/06/2004) Console (SCPH)
USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console (SCPH)
Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console (SCPH)
USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console (SCPH)

I also have already enabling the console in the Misc Menu.

is there any configuration I have missed or anyone has suggestion for me... thanks before.

Sorry, no pirates!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31