..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speed problems (happy new year btw)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all ppl who want to help me,

A few weeks ago i found out that pcsx2 was in the making again so i downloaded the newest version (playground version), so i followed the config guide and tried to adjust my settings to have a better overall good fps (40-50 fps) to try to play ffx (PAL), but with no sucsess (i got 24/30 fps in the parts were you can walk and do stuff and got 50 fps in the pre rendered movies)Sad

Can someone plz help me, i even tried downgrading pcsx2.

My settings:

-Video: ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1(Bil filter on, AA off, FFX hack on, Fast update on, resolve hack on, the screen is windowed)
-All speed hacks ar on
-Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz (tried overclocking to 4 GHZ but had no effect, and its a duel core by the way, MGST on,EErec on, VU01rec and VU2rec on, frames limited to 50 fps)
-Memory: 1024MB RAM
-Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
-Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
Use GSdx..it's way faster than ZeroGS these days.But don't expect too much,your speed sounds normal.Pentium 4s are really slow for PCSX2,as seen here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html
i tried it but like you said no real speed up.
Im still wondering why overclocking my CPU doesnt work though.