..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: import save problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I've been doing extensive research on this forum, as well as others and I can't seem to find anyone who has had this problem. I have extracted my FFX save using mymc and saved it into a folder. I then use FFXED to edit the save, and then save it as a .psu file, but when I try to import the edited save back onto the memory card (after deleting the original, unedited save) I get an error saying it is not a supported file type. I've tried saving it as a .max and .ps2 files and nothing will work. I can take an unedited save and export it, then delete the original, and import it back again with no problems, but as soon as I try to do anything to it with FFXED, it doesn't like the file type. Any suggestions? I've been working on this for quite a few hours to no avail. Do I need to use something like the ps2 save builder, or psv tool?
Sounds like the program may be corrupting the save somehow...

You can try PS2 save builder. If it still gives an error then you may be out of luck.
Why do I think you did the same thing.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...#pid223452
Well, because that's exactly what I did, but why would FFXED save it as something other than what the original filetype was? Interesting. Apologies for the unnecessary post, then. I didn't realize that poster had the same problem as me. I appreciate the help!