..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Limit DVD/ISO read speed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Is there a way to limit the ISO read speed so as to bring the read speed closer to the actual PS2 DVD-ROM speed? I've been trying to find a way to do this, unsuccessfully.

I have considered using "virtual drive" software such as Daemon Tools, but I could not find a read speed limit option.

Does anyone know of a way to do this, either from within PCSX2, or through some other software?
the readspeed should be generally ps2 accurate, minus the seek delays.
and why you need to limit the read speed?
I'm pretty sure the emulator already does this. If it doesn't then it's probably unnecessary.

If you're having some kind of problem make sure you have the latest svn and use the Gigaherz CDVD plugin.
Quote: I'm pretty sure the emulator already does this. If it doesn't then it's probably unnecessary.

There would not be a disk speed hack if it didn't.
I forgot about that. I almost always use it. I figure if it's going to give me problems it'd be at a loading screen, and I've never had a problem with it in my games.

Like I said before, I use all the checkbox speedhacks, even if they're not really needed (plus INTC and Wait Loop just get rid of stupid crap that eats up resources). I don't mess with the sliders though because those usually screw things up more than help anything.

But yes, the emulator already does this on it's own, NYI.
Right, CDVD read speeds are similar to a PS2 drive.