..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Speedhacks stopped working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I have been using pcsx2 for quite a while now.
Currently using r5265.

This morning I was playing Kingdom hearts 2 Final mix.
GSdx5268:
DX11 hardware
x3Native
Shadeboost on
Texture Filtering on.

Speedhacks:
EE cyderate 1
VU cycle stealing off
The 3 recommended options and MTVU.

I could run the game at 60fps constantly, no stuttering, but my english translation patch was bad so it caused crashes.
So I patched my clean ISO with a better patch that doesn't crash.
Yet now, both the old ISO and the new ISO barely get to 31fps with the same settings. Sad

I tried lot's of things, as sad as it is even x2Native barely gets to 53fps. Even restored emulation settings to defaults/first preset.
I believe the speedhacks stopped working, I disabled and re-enabled them, yet there's no change in FPS. normally that would have got me from 47 to 60, yet it was 31 to 31, no differense.

I also tried changing render mode on GSdx, same thing.
I have no idea what's going on, I also tried to use some old revisions of pcsx2, same stuff, speed hacks don't make a differense anymore.

Any ideas? Some extra info: I think the game got slightly darker since the morning.. I tried disabling shade boost but it still doesn't fix the problem.

CPU: i3 at 2.56
GPU: 420m. (yes it's a laptop, but as I said, it ran fine this morning, so I don't know why it doesn't anymore.)
i think it's not true
you maybe have other program running and disturbing your pcsx2's emulation
e.g. antivirus software such as AVG,ESET or other scheduled task auto-defrag,auto-file indexing,MS office's FindFast

also show us your list and number of process in the task manager.
Will do later, no time at the moment, but that's not the issue cause I monitor everything. Tongue

Everything was fine, so give me some other suggestions if you have any, I'm gonna check that later to be sure though and let you know.

EDIT: NVM, problem resolved itself after a system reboot. Weird that it didn't the first time.
If anything it actually runs better! 20% lower EE than it used to be.
i am having trouble with these recent speed hack issues but some games such as ratchet have been running better now