..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Config help needed. Tried the most.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mates, I downloaded Pcsx2 for some days ago and I have been trying out alot of configs to get my Dragonball Z Infinite World and Dragonball BT3 to work. The farest I have come is to make the intros laggfree but when it comes to playing the game laggs alot. Screen is blipping and FPS drops to 25 and I can not make too many moves, so now I need your help. My spec is:

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
4GB Ram
AMD athlon 5600+ 2.9 GHz dual core

I dont really know if that is enought but I hope so.
I beg you guys for help!

Thank you, bye!
Any AMD Dual Core is not enough to play most games.

Sorry.

As far as I can see, that's really the only thing holding you back. You're going to have to go with an Intel card if you want even decent frames - An Intel E0 E8400 3.0 Ghz is probably your best bet, as it's below 200$ in most instances, and can overclock to much higher speeds if you know what you're doing (Up to 4.0 Ghz and a bit higher).

But, that also might mean you'll need a different motherboard.
(01-03-2009, 06:31 PM)Tangerine Wrote: [ -> ]Any AMD Dual Core is not enough to play most games.

Sorry.

As far as I can see, that's really the only thing holding you back. You're going to have to go with an Intel card if you want even decent frames - An Intel E0 E8400 3.0 Ghz is probably your best bet, as it's below 200$ in most instances, and can overclock to much higher speeds if you know what you're doing (Up to 4.0 Ghz and a bit higher).

Darn, that's bad news ;S Thanks for sharing.

Is that dual or tripple or Quad core in that intel?

Another thing, I think I have seen other ppl on youtube playing BT3 with bader processor.
(01-03-2009, 06:47 PM)Ssjhab Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2009, 06:31 PM)Tangerine Wrote: [ -> ]Any AMD Dual Core is not enough to play most games.

Sorry.

Another thing, I think I have seen other ppl on youtube playing BT3 with bader processor.

That intel processor is still two cores, but they have 6 MB Cache, 45 nm, and great overclocking possibilities.

PCSX2 doesn't benefit from anything more then 2 cores, so triple and quad cores won't get you any sort of increased performance in this case.

And don't always believe what you see on Youtube.
(01-03-2009, 07:26 PM)Tangerine Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2009, 06:47 PM)Ssjhab Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry.

That intel processor is still two cores, but they have 6 MB Cache, 45 nm, and great overclocking possibilities.

PCSX2 doesn't benefit from anything more then 2 cores, so triple and quad cores won't get you any sort of increased performance in this case.

And don't always believe what you see on Youtube.

Thanks for all useful information, I will either buy Ps2 or a new processor and mothercard or simple have my self a xbox 360 ;S

Baaah, I so bad wanna play Infinite world and BT3 ;S
Yeah, better buy a ps2. You need one to be allowed to use pcsx2 and get support here anyway!
You can make it run fine on an AMD chip, DB BK3 is quite intensive on most systems anyway. Try using all the framskipping options or a speed hack, Also turn the internal resoloution down, and play it in windowed mode or it will look pixelated, if your running vista make sure you using the DX10 hardware setup.
You should be able to reach around 50fps~