..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Silent Hill 3 Post Processing and Shadows Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have have these weird problem with Shadows and other effects.

[Image: Capture2-1.png]
[Image: Capture-3.png]

How can I fix these???
tried software mode ?
Then I wouldnt be able to play it. Its too slow
maybe, but at leastn, does it remove the problems ?

did you try latest svn ? They removed some postprocessing effects in latest gsdx versions ...
5199. but its been the same after 9.9.7 i think. Which version did they not remove it from?
So no fix?
I'm also having a problem with both Silent Hill 2 and 3. The gameplay is fine but when I go into menu the fps speeds up to like 260 fps which means my "beat game" time at the end will be huge. I want it down so I can get the Hyper Spray Yellow or Green in Silent Hill 2 and I also want to get god stuff and Ranking in Silent Hill 3. In addition to that the movies in Silent Hill 2 don't look right. They are all full of lines kinda like a beat up floor model television which I used to own. The movies in Silent Hill 3 play beautifully except the intro where the fps actually slows down to about 40fps and the screen is black you can just hear the music. My settings are the default plugins/settings in pcs2 version 9.8. I haven't seen any good advice posted about the problems of Silent Hill 3 here yet and I don't expect to get any good responses. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Btw the so called "Newbs" on these forums make more sense then the supposed "experts".
Apart from using the latest SVN, you should try the GSDX Skipdraw hack. Set it to 10.
Thank you for the quick reply I will try that and get back to you soon.
How do I do that? The GSDX Skipdraw thing? Do I need to download the hack or is it already there and how do i set it if it is?
Also what is Svn?
I just found out how to edit the hack thing its in the gpu .ini file however what is svn?
SVN builds are the latest beta of PCSX2. You can get them from www.PCSX2.net

Skipdraw is an option inside GSDX, under hacks tab. (Possibly only in new versions of emulator? It removes rendering passes, which sometimes fixes rendering errors/speeds up games.) Just make sure to tick "use hacks" in the GSDX menu.
Pages: 1 2 3