..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Rogue Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im giving rogue galaxy ago and have followed verious hints and tips on getting the game running. Its at a playable'ish state but im wondering if there is away of increasing the framerate. Im using playground and i have the speedhacks on but im still getting around 30 fps some times 40. Is this the same for you lot or has anyone got a better framerate.
sorry if this has been asked befor, i did a search but only came up with questions and answers about the movement issue and selecting ee chop/zero. thanks for any help.

Windows xp
amd 64x2 6000+
geforce 8800 gts
3 gig ram.

using gsdx 872m sse2
That's actually a game I intend on playing sometime in the future. I've been playin a bit of Suikoden 5 and I come across the exact same thing. The slow down to 30fps almost all the time occurs in sequences where there is voice acting or other sequences involving audio clips other than the music. If this sounds like the problem you're having, the only solution I have come across to minimize this problem is to disable the voice overs in the game or hold off on playing RG until an improved PCSX2 or plug-in is released that might resolve this problem.
I bet the new beta for playground will fix your problem. If not then it should make an improvement. Go to the playground section of the forum and go to a post called pcsx2 playground betas and download the svn528 version. Then if you need help with selecting the options, go to my post of strange... in this section of the forum, i have my own preference on what works well for me.
Hey guys, anyone have luck playing this game?
The fact that you're using an AMD may be the cause for slow fps. If someone could tell how fast the game runs in an Intel C2D, we could tell that's the cause or not.
So far here are the settings I've found that help:
Under Advanced Settings:
Need to set the EE recs options to Chop/Zero or else game will be very glitchy.
I think VU recs needs to be set to Chop/Zero as well, it broke when I tried negative.
FPU Clamp Hack will screw up the graphics.

The game keeps breaking when I try to load save files and is very choppy during battle. Lots of the sprites will flash in and out too.

So far this game looks pretty unplayable Sad

btw q6700 running at normal speed
gforce 9800
3gb ram
What are you talking about, the game works at 45-50fps (PAL) on svn563 sound doesn't have any problems wtih speed or choopy (happened in earlier ppr versions), Color problems are fixed FPU Clamp Hack on Gamefixes, never had any problem with EE recs options at nearest, use real vista Dx10 to have no graphic glitches,
It has no problem with my normal config:
EE nearest ( sorry i totally forgot that a use a pnatch to fix the movement problem instead of using Chop/Zero in EE options)
Clamp mode normal
FZ and DZ on
VU Chop/Zero
Clamp mode none
FZ and DZ on
Speed Hacks:
EE x2 Cycle Rate
IOP x2 Cycle Rate
WaitCycles Sync Hack on
Cpu is with all options on - limit
GSdx dx10 Hardware mode on vista

C2D 6550 SSSE3 2.33Ghz, ati hd2600xt

The only real problem by now is the movies of past events, heres some pics Dx9 Hardware, Dx10 Hardware and Dx10 Software:
(01-18-2009, 04:21 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: [ -> ]What are you talking about, the game works at 45-50fps (PAL) on svn563 sound doesn't have any problems wtih speed or choopy (happened in earlier ppr versions), Color problems are fixed FPU Clamp Hack on Gamefixes, never had any problem with EE recs options at nearest, use real vista Dx10 to have no graphic glitches,
It has no problem with my normal config:
EE nearest ( sorry i totally forgot that a use a pnatch to fix the movement problem instead of using Chop/Zero in EE options)
Clamp mode normal
FZ and DZ on
VU Chop/Zero
Clamp mode none
FZ and DZ on
Speed Hacks:
EE x2 Cycle Rate
IOP x2 Cycle Rate
WaitCycles Sync Hack on
Cpu is with all options on - limit
GSdx dx10 Hardware mode on vista

C2D 6550 SSSE3 2.33Ghz, ati hd2600xt

The only real problem by now is the movies of past events, heres some pics Dx9 Hardware, Dx10 Hardware and Dx10 Software:

Hrm, Running xp w/direct x9. I wonder if that has an effect. Game runs well on the VM563, runs too slow on the other one. Still running slow for me.... kind of odd as I have a higher clock speed @ 2.6
if you have a AMD you don't have SSSE3 that increase performance, C2D are faster clock by clock too, so more speed doesn't mean faster, this is if you have AMD, try using my settings get the last update of xp, the lastest drivers and directx with GSdx 0.1.14.
Can you beat Rouge Galaxy even though it says its only "in game" available?
Pages: 1 2 3