..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problems with FPS and Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there guys, i've been following this project for a long time and i never could play psII games well in my computer i never post anything just keep on looking on forums and stuff. But my ps2 stoped a week ago and i finally go for some help to see if my computer can make it work.

Well my specs are

E6750 @ 3,2Ghz
4gb ddr2 800 @ 1000
Radeon 3870 512mb

My problems are....

My FPS is very unstable it goes from 60 to 40 and variates a lot
Sound goes well when fps is good above 55
Any game I play it slows down a lot the fps goes well when i'm on menu and stuff (ffx, kingdom hearts, shadow hearts)
Sometimes the screen goes gray

I'm using

Pcsx2 playground with VM
And the configurations of the emulator follows with the attachment
PS. i'm using iso image of the games.

Thanks for everyone that will help me with these stuff and i read the HOW TO configure the emulator but with no success.
And i've alterede some stuff that gamesbloke said

But still i'm trying to make the game slow as little as possible with no crashes, any configuration or plugin that helps will go just fine.

Ps. the image attached i'm using dx10 thats the only change

I had tested the kingdom hearts 2 on the pcsx2 0.9.4 and got the same results, sometimes slow a lot sound not going well gray screen please someone need help... cause to fix my play 2 is about $80 and i'm broke this month...
(01-07-2009, 04:29 AM)Vann Wrote: [ -> ]Well my specs are

E6750 @ 3,2Ghz
4gb ddr2 800 @ 1000
Radeon 3870 512mb

i basically have half your spec without the graphics card and i can run games pretty smoothly. i do occasionally have fps spikes like yourself...... just off the top of my head, have you tried the following? : -
  • use images rather than discs when booting
  • checked/ticked all cpu options
  • use vu frame skip
  • set custom fps to 65/70
  • skip frames when fps falls below 60
  • consecutive frames to skip from between 5 to 8
  • click config, then advanced and ticked the Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero boxes for EE Recs & VU Recs
  • check compatibility on your games that you are trying
  • try gamefixes menu as those fixes have bearings on other games too
  • check your plugins

** i just noticed your picture after i wrote all that so apologies if you've tried the above.........

good luck!
tkz a lot for the help, i'm with kingdom hearts 2 using the iso, and sometimes i've got a slowdown 60-37 when there is many things on the screen and sometimes all the screen just goes gray WTH lol... so i'm trying to figure out.

tkz again for the help
I've today try the 528 build with no success so i'm back with the playground with the same configurations and add some points that gamesbloke speak, still i'm playing kingdom hearts 2 and this bug that the screen goess all gray or brown anyone knows what is this problem?? sometimes slow and stuff still heapens.

New stuff...

when i play in VM a lot of bugs heapen like screen goes all gray or red or brown it goes well then suddenly this heapens sometimes the graphics goes all strange and black in some places very weird.

when i just use TLB te game goes aloooot smooth but some part of the screen goes black

and i use kosmos 0.97.1 or the GSDX with ssse3 in dx10 or dx9 and goes on the same way

please anyone need help Laugh
Very old and very known issue ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2558.html )
Nothing you can do apart from saving state and reloading it each time the gray screen bug appears.
(01-08-2009, 12:07 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Very old and very known issue ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2558.html )
Nothing you can do apart from saving state and reloading it each time the gray screen bug appears.

tkz a lot for the link and the help i'm like a crazy chicken running in circles trying to figure out this problem.

tkz Laugh

i'll look more about the playable games that are ready to go on pcsx2 pg