..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Running Games Directly off your computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I apologize for this n00b-ish question and if I have over looked something in the manuals for pcsx2, however,

can you run PS2 games directly off your computer? As in, is an actual DVD required?

I have the PAL ISO for FFX, but it's not loading up. I get this "iso Readblack" in the black bios box that accompanies the configuration panel when I ever use Linuzappz to run the ISO file. That is, if you are suppose to use Linuzappz to run an ISO. hehe.

In other words, I'm confused.

Brownie points to those who can help me out.

Cheers.
No, a dvd/cd is not required.
(01-11-2009, 03:26 PM)Rouvias Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I apologize for this n00b-ish question and if I have over looked something in the manuals for pcsx2, however,

can you run PS2 games directly off your computer? As in, is an actual DVD required?

I have the PAL ISO for FFX, but it's not loading up. I get this "iso Readblack" in the black bios box that accompanies the configuration panel when I ever use Linuzappz to run the ISO file. That is, if you are suppose to use Linuzappz to run an ISO. hehe.

In other words, I'm confused.

Brownie points to those who can help me out.

Cheers.

This should mean you'll have to re-dump your iso from the original DVD. (your error looks like a bad dump)

But basically, it's faster to play from Isos