..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: NVIDIA Quadro Pro FX 1600- don't bother?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw the listing not to bother with laptops, but this is marketed as a desktop in a laptop form factor...
Dell Precision M6300
XP Pro SP2
Specs:
200 GB hard drive, (100 gb for xp, 100 gb dual boot linux mint 6)

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @2.20 GHZ
3GB RAM (really has 2@ 2GB, system only shows 3 gb)
NVIDIA Quadro Pro FX 1600 256MB video card

War of the Monsters is in the good list, so I created an iso, and took it out for a spin. The cutscenes work at 50-60 fps, game drops to 8-12 fps. I didn't list the configs I tried, none of them seem to help. Any suggestions?
That notebook may be technically equivalent to "a desktop", but not a high end one.

Pcsx2 is a very high performance app.

Reccomended desktop specs are something like:
-core 2 duo overclocked to around 3.6 Ghz (Never try to overclock a laptop)
-medium end graphics card with at least 512MB memory.

A laptop with equivalent features would probably cost several times the desktop price. (thousands)

That's a big reason why they're not recommended.

To get a small boost you could try
-The latest GSDX plugin
-A few of the fast and buggy speedhacks
-Make sure multicore mode is turned on.
-See if the beta playground releases speed it up at all
Thanks for the feedback. I will give the suggestions a try.
I don't see why you said not to, the 1600 ranks number 38th on notebook check for laptop GPUs and thats damn good.
DirectX DirectX 10, Shader 4.0

Mine ranks 13 so your should be good.
(01-13-2009, 10:22 AM)Mur Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why you said not to, the 1600 ranks number 38th on notebook bla bla bla etc
His issue is about frame rates. I told him everything I know about speeding it up.

He's on a 2.2Ghz core 2 mobile, and 256MB on that VGA.

You have the fastest laptop CPU on the market o/ced by 0.2, and your card is the 512 version I'm guessing?
(Also aren't those 25 places the difference between 5000 and 9000 in 3DMark06?)

If you know a better way for him to up his FPS, by all means give some suggestions. I'll take notes.
I said the graphics card should be fine and yes, the 256 memory will be fine, his problem will be his CPU
He needs to tell us what plugins and settings because i bet it can be tweeked.
So since the CPU part of pcsx2 is getting pushed too slow on his machine, does it even matter how fast the VGA pushes it?
(I'll assume you're right about the 512 detail, although I thought it was reccommended)

I'm also confused what you're talking about. Where did I say "not to"?

Anyway since he's up in the air about configs as well, feel free to suggest whatever configs you think would be optimal.

I very much hope your suggestions speed him up, since that's the goal anyway.