..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Slow Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys! It´s my first topic and my first experience with PCSX2. I´m trying to run God of War, the game runs, but very slowly. I think that i´m skipping some config. Someone can suggest a config?

My pc is:

Processor: AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 Six Core 3.30
Ram: 8gb DDR3
Video: Radeon HD 7750 1gb
SO: Windows 7 64 bits.

or is my pc configuration that don´t reach the minimum requeriments? Also i´m running my game directly from my DVD Drive, there´s any problem?
1st, make an iso from your DVD using imgburn (www.imgburn.Com)
second, use latest svn with mtvu hack.
3rd try to activate some speedhacks.

unfortunately, Bulldozer architecture is a real pain with pcsx2 and gaming in general.
Hence the poor results you will probably get.
There are SO MANY AMD users now!

WHEN DID AMD GET SO POPULAR? Last time I was in the states (3 years ago) practically everyone was using Intel. What happened?
(06-14-2012, 09:59 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: [ -> ]There are SO MANY AMD users now!

WHEN DID AMD GET SO POPULAR? Last time I was in the states (3 years ago) practically everyone was using Intel. What happened?

*off-topic (sorry Mr. OP)*

Cheap price, of course (at least) in my country...

I had a friend bragging over his 8 core FX processor and later regret about his brag as he can't even beat my laptop's Core i5 with PCSX2...
I think he already got told pretty much everything he can possibly do. Going off-topic now wouldn't mean anything. But yeah, I act more on impulse so manners aren't really my thing. I generally just speak my mind. Sorry in advance.

Are they really that much cheaper? Back 5 some years ago they were about the same price I believe.

Ah technology - too much changes too fast.

Bragging about processors? Really? How sad is that?

Well, bragging is stupid, no matter what the situation really. Just a great way to make you look like a jerk.
AMD FX 8 core BE 3.6 GHz: 879 MYR

Intel Core i7 3960X 3.3 GHz: 3389 MYR

Those processor's frequencies were the highest available in my country...
Both of you, please stop.
Just use PM or create your own thread
I apologize for my mistake and Alex's...

I promise it wouldn't happen again Laugh
Thanks for the help, the game is running perfectly now!

The Administrator can close this thread!