..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 2MB l2 cach vs 4MB l2 cash PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to upgrade my laptop processor( currently t5450 @ 1.66ghz, 667MHZ, 2mb l2 cach)

Looking to upgrade them to one of the following :

T5800 @ 2GHZ, 800MHZ fsb, 2MB l2 cach .

or

t7300 @ 2ghz, 800mhz fsb, 4MB l2 cach

I'm torn between the two processors, can someone tell me which one pcsx2 would run faster on .

Price wise, they are practically the same price- about $14.

Games i'm running that i'm reaching almost full speed

-Animal crossing 40-45 fps

-WWE here comes the pain 35-45 fps

Hopefully the upgrade will bump me up to atleast 50-60 fps
4mb cache is better, I think the t7300 also supports the sse4.1 instruction set so you could use the sse4 gsdx for a slight performance boost.

Though you might just want to save up for a i5/i7 pc since you will get much better performance.
the upgrade won't give you more than 5 fps more whichever cpu you choose (animal crossing on pcsx2 ????)
(06-19-2012, 12:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]the upgrade won't give you more than 5 fps more whichever cpu you choose (animal crossing on pcsx2 ????)

whoops animal crossing via dolphin lol
no idea about dolphin since it's more gpu related than pcsx2
Don't waste your money on these processors as its not worth it..A i5 would do you good or a new ivy bridge processor.
(06-19-2012, 06:17 AM)PostalDude Wrote: [ -> ]Don't waste your money on these processors as its not worth it..A i5 would do you good or a new ivy bridge processor.

Did you bother to read his above mentioned CPU? Core 2 Duo for laptop starts with T, desktop counterpart starts with E. His PC is a laptop.
Oops sorry..my bad Tongue