..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: cant properly play God Of War
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, im a new member and im very nostalgic to play this game but when i try to play it, it goes to 24-30 fps which is pretty weird cuz my computer goes way above the recommended specs for this programm. So could someone explain to me (a noob when it comes to this) which configuration do i need and in which menus do they appear cuz i tried something i read and it seems to be worse now... Thank you for your responses =)
if you don't yet download the latest stable 0.9.8 from home page

first start from default settings by deleting the inis file in PCSX2 directory if your settings are bad

what is your computer hardware you may think it is good but it may not ...

and have you ever heard of speed hacks [config / emulation settings / speed hacks] enable all "recommended" speed hacks and VU cycling

and if your GPU is not that decent tick the box "native" in [config / Video / plugin configuration ]
wow thank you for your quick responses, to both of you, especially avih, which not only help me solve my problem with the other post (currently playing a more stable GoW) in which i was told to try preset 6 for GoW and it kinda work... still sometimes it goes down to like 24 fps, specially when theres a gigant thing coming at me (the hydras at the beggining of the game) any way to fix this?

Now Im going to follow the instrutions from the other post!

Hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System. Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20 GHz 3.20Ghz, ATI Radeon HD6850, 12GBs RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
The version of PCSX2. Lastest 0.9.8 (by Lastest i mean i downloaded it today, 23/06/2012)
Any non default settings, preferably a Preset number. Right now im Using preset 6 (before i was going with 1)
What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD. Im trying to play GoW from my CDVD
what settings on GSdx (full window please) and PCSX2 are you using? (speedhacks tab on PCSX2)
Im using this GSdx config
[Image: GSwindow.jpg]

as for the speedhack, well its preset 6, no need to post the window, right?
well, there's your problem..

and yes, no need for SH, I can look that up rather easily.

try these settings:
tried those and without the SH it did not work at all, anyone getting 60 fps steady or is it always like this? also i tried playing mortal kombat: armaggedon and im getting serious slow downs during fights, same thing with shadow of colossus... im using preset 6 with boths, is it a emulation difficulty or do i need to change my setting?
Im playing all this games from my ps2 CDVDs
Turn down the preset to 3, 6 will probably slow you down more instead of speeding up. Your PC is good, you should get full speed with GoW...try using the latest SVN from here and enable the new MTVU hack:
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html