..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Quad core suport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people.
I've read than the emulator does not suport quad core. (on FAQ)
Dolpinh emu does not suport quadcore too, but, PCSX2, uses the 4 cores!
Wen I play on dolphin, only 2 cores are used (I can see in the grafic of CPU activity), but, in PCSX2, all 4 cores are used!
So, why, if PCSX2 uses the 4 cores, why do not put him using 100% of each core? (only uses 50 at max, because, 2 cores are been used has one).
single core applications will use 25% of all your cores. Its the way ur cpu work - it loads all of your cores equally. And i dont know what is this phenomenon u tell us about Dolphin
I have no idea what you are trying to say but...

err...
(01-15-2009, 05:19 PM)Palito Wrote: [ -> ]So, why, if PCSX2 uses the 4 cores, why do not put him using 100% of each core? (only uses 50 at max, because, 2 cores are been used has one).

Huh

That is a good thing...

If it used 4 cores though, pcsx2 only uses 2.
I have spotted something like that with ZeroGS, it used all 4 cores but ran slower the GSDX running on 2 cores.
how dose that work?
Because isn't so simple lol
Windows is distributing the load from the 2 threads we use with pcsx2 on all 4 cores.
Dolphin probably has something to prevent that for some reason.

And yes, it's not easily done "pushing all cores to 100%".
At least not in a way that would give you a single fps more Tongue2
Just a note, you can get pcsx2 to use all 4 cores with the gsdx plugin using software rendering and setting threads to 3, although then you're not utilizing the graphics card, I imagine. I tried it with FFXII and got a fairly decent frame rate. Not as pretty though.
if you use software rendering, you will get a big slowdown, even if processors uses 100% of their powers.