..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Random Freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A little heartbroken here, was playing Dark Cloud and everything was going incredibly smoothly, 60 FPS, only gripe would be some video flickering near the bottom of my display while playing PCSX2, but otherwise went great.

All of a sudden, my video froze. I minimized and attempted to maximize PCSX2 and it won't maximize, the process seems frozen. Game music continues to play smoothly.
[Image: DSKn]

What can I do so that maybe this doesn't happen in the future?
looks like perhaps your video driver crashed, you could attempt to press F1 to save state (if it works) then force close pcsx2 , next reopen pcsx2 load the game and press F3 it "might" load where you left off, if not then not much you can really do.

To prevent it from happening again keep an eye on your system and video card temps.
(06-27-2012, 12:22 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]looks like perhaps your video driver crashed, you could attempt to press F1 to save state (if it works) then force close pcsx2 , next reopen pcsx2 load the game and press F3 it "might" load where you left off, if not then not much you can really do.

To prevent it from happening again keep an eye on your system and video card temps.
Video card has been fine, using the HD Radeon 6800. I've tried changing my resolution, should that help at all? Was using 1280-960 to play games, now on 640-480.
Did notice this from the log after just starting the game up again:
Quote:GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400

Is this something I need to address? If so, how?

What general tips would you suggest for running PCSX2 so that it doesn't burn at the video card?
that warning can be ignored.
It's not your video card probably. Are you using any speed hacks or modified EE/VU settings from defaults?
(06-27-2012, 01:45 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's not your video card probably. Are you using any speed hacks or modified EE/VU settings from defaults?
I'm not using any speedhacks, haven't changed any major settings, just my resolution.
Strange...PCSX2 version? Maybe it was a one time mess up
(06-27-2012, 02:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Strange...PCSX2 version? Maybe it was a one time mess up
Just today I downloaded PCSX2 from the website (the archive version, not installer), so whatever that version is. I've been playing more and I get brief freezes, maybe 2-3 seconds and it behaves as if it was going to do a complete freeze, but then it catches up with itself and runs fine. I can run any sort of diagnostics and post results for you if that'll help.

This happens both fullscreen and windowed. Would there happen to be any plugin available that auto-saves state at an interval? For the meantime, I'm mashing F1 every 2-3 minutes or so just in case.
What are your system specs?, maybe you are using to high of an upscale and it's causing your video card to get overloaded (usually causes some delay in system response or laggyness of the gs window)

in the meantime you can try setting gsdx to native mode and make sure the MSAA is set to 0 , to see if that helps.

you might want to try a newer svn build if you want, since it introduced some new features like the mtvu speed hack and some optimizations to gsdx.
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Pages: 1 2