..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: MGS2 substance freezing after opening doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone
I'm having a problem with MGS2 substance, the game freezes after opening the door to Deck-B, Crew's Quarter, Starboard.

tried searching the problem but obviously no one has ever reported something like that !!

Im using latest SVN also tried with 48xx svn with no luck,
GSdx with highest settings possible except for MSAA (getting full fps btw lol Smile), also tried with lowest settings with no luck.

as for the sound plugin I'm using spu2-x default settings.

and that's is it.

oh and my pc specs
Processor: i7 950 overclocked to 4.2Ghz
RAM: 6GB DDR3 1866

the only thing that i could think of is that i have a bad copy of the game, so if anyone with a copy of the game could check, it is in the first part of the game 5 minutes of play time no more Smile

thanks in advance.
Try playing around with different clamp and round modes.

If this does not help to load the next room then you might need to dump the ISO again from the disc, make sure it's nice and clean and without scratches.

Edit: If neither of these work then post your PCSX2 settings and the emulator log after the screen goes black or freezes. The log may reveal something.
(07-01-2012, 12:04 AM)Fezzer Wrote: [ -> ]Try playing around with different clamp and round modes.

If this does not help to load the next room then you might need to dump the ISO again from the disc, make sure it's nice and clean and without scratches.

Edit: If neither of these work then post your PCSX2 settings and the emulator log after the screen goes black or freezes. The log may reveal something.

didn't solve the problem Sad
i will try to rip the game again and i will report back Smile
thanks for the help mate ..
indeed it was a bad dump Smile
i made an iso image from the same game and now it's working perfectly Smile
(07-01-2012, 08:14 PM)Alfaifi Wrote: [ -> ]indeed it was a bad dump Smile
i made an iso image from the same game and now it's working perfectly Smile

I had the same issue with SO3, took ~7 attempts to even rip it, kept stopping at ~75%, right pain in the butt.

Glad it worked for you Smile