..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: BIOS issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm trying to run Devil Survivor 2. Here is the log from X11

(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
PCSX2 beta (r2620254) - compiled on Jan 27 2011
Savestate version: 8b410001
EE pc offset: 0x2a8, IOP pc offset: 0x208
x86Init:
Features:
Loading plugins...
Loading GS...
Loading PAD1...
Loading PAD2...
Loading SPU2...
Loading CDVD...
Loading DEV9...
Loading USB...
Loading FW...
Plugins loaded successfully.
Resetting...
Ready
Initializing plugins...
Plugins initialized successfully.
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1881424 sectors)
The specified Bios file was not found. A bios is required for Pcsx2 to run.

File not found
Filename: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/ps2bios/PS2The specified Bios file was not found. A bios is required for Pcsx2 to run.

I've got all my bios in the folder I selected via the X11 configuration window, I'm pretty sure I have the right ones, here they are

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.bin
PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.MEC
PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.NVM
rom1.bin
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.BIN
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.EROM
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.NVM
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM1
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM2
scph3004R.bin
scph10000.bin
scph10000.NVM
scph39001.bin
scph39001.MEC
scph39001.NVM

Not really sure where I'm going wrong, I figure I might need a different BIOS, but I'm fairly sure I have more than enough...really keen to get this game running (among others) but I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
After checking the compatibility list, I noticed this game isn't listed. The first Devil Summoner is listed, albeit only the japanese version. I guess it's pretty obvious what the problem is...
I've tried other Ps2 Iso's, including ones that feature in the compatibility list but none of them produce any different results...Do i have to rename my BIOS to something specific? If not, why won't it run?
Well, it seems to be running ok now, that is to say games run badly but they do run. All i changed was the language/region setting in the configure tab. Lol. Quite an important setting, it seems...
The compatibility list is based on the windows version. The Mac port has significantly more compatibility issues and is still a work in progress. Only a handful of games work properly as of now
Hey Bosit, you gotta close this thread... You see all those bios files? You don't get all those from 1 PS2
Hrm indeed.
Shahir downloading BIOS files is illegal, the only legal way to get them is from a PS2 console you own. Since this is considered piracy I have to close the thread according to rule #1 of our forum.