..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: metal gear solid 3 subsistence some problem at opening scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys,
i just try to play mgs3 subsistence but the opening scene don't go well, i used native rez and it's run 50 fps the problem is when light come -when the airplane's door open- some blue blocks showes Causing slow donw 10-15 fps >.< i had the pal ver.

CPU: intel® Core i3-2100 3.10GHz 4cpua
RAM:4096MB
GPU:GT 430

Plz say it's enough Sad
mgs3 subsistence seems to be a very demanding game, especially during cutscenes. so, no, your specs are propably insufficient for this game. get the latest svn revision of pcsx2, try some speedhacks or invest some money into your rig, nothing else you can do i think.
it's a known slowdown as zero29 said that game a very-high demanding but i'm voted for medium-high demanding because you haved PAL

Tip:
not only the slowdown as snake perform the HALO jump after the plane hatch is open and the word "Sunrise"
you may also encounter slowdown during The Fury's battle when there is a lot of flames and using Stealth Camo...Speedhacks won't work at all on your current CPU even you set it to VU cycle stealing at LV-2
the rest of the gamethough is calm at 50fps.
(07-03-2012, 10:18 PM)yazeedvii Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys,
i just try to play mgs3 subsistence but the opening scene don't go well, i used native rez and it's run 50 fps the problem is when light come -when the airplane's door open- some blue blocks showes Causing slow donw 10-15 fps >.< i had the pal ver.

CPU: intel® Core i3-2100 3.10GHz 4cpua
RAM:4096MB
GPU:GT 430

Plz say it's enough Sad

It's enough. Your system specs is powerful enough. Try following my config.

Yes, my system specs is a bit higher but I think it depends more on the latest PCSX2 revision and some tweaks.

Get the latest SVN - 0.9.9 r5326 and try setting up the config as in my post.

Use a lower resolution instead of my default 1920x1080. Try 1280x720.

(Note : There will be graphics glitches especially when the credits are displayed. But currently I'm experimenting with the smoothest experience, rather than graphics accuracy. In my system, the intro and gameplay are all just like playing in an actual PS2 even while running at 1920x1080.)

I need more testers to check out the configs I have posted for feedbacks.

Cheers!