..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Slower speed and white lines in my screen, help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello! I Hope you can answer to this question quickly. I have the game burnout 3 and when I run it, the gameplay is slower and tehre are some white lines in front of my screen (by using direct3d 11 (hardware) ) and when I used SDL 1.3 (Software) the white lines problem was fixed but it got MORE slower. I dont use any speedhacks or cheats. Any ideas?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(07-05-2012, 03:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU@ 3.10GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series

Game: Burnout 3 - Takedown
PCSX2 ver: 0.9.8

= Settings=

-GS-

GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3 0.1.16 [gsdx-ssse3-r4600]
=============================================
Renderer: SDL 1.3 (software
Interlacing: None

Hope this helps.
you'll need a stronger CPU if you want to use software mode.
see if you can overclock it to 3.5 Ghz

oh, and try latest svn + enable MTVU hack
(07-05-2012, 04:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you'll need a stronger CPU if you want to use software mode.
see if you can overclock it to 3.5 Ghz

oh, and try latest svn + enable MTVU hack

Uhm...is MTVU hack the MVU hack?
MTVU (Mutli threaded Vector Unit) Hack is a speedhack you'll find only in latest SVNs
(07-05-2012, 04:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]MTVU (Mutli threaded Vector Unit) Hack is a speedhack you'll find only in latest SVNs

hmm...Something new. I have enabled the speedhacks and changed the GS to Direct3d 9 (Hardware) and now it has these problems: White lines in the screen, black sky
The speed is fixed though.
black sky fix: boot game using gsdx software mode, switch to hardware mode with F9 (source: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Bu...:_Takedown)
white lines fix: usually these kind of problems are gone or less worse if you use the native resolution of the game or a multiple of it (don't have the game, so no guarantees)
(07-05-2012, 04:44 PM)zero29 Wrote: [ -> ]black sky fix: boot game using gsdx software mode, switch to hardware mode with F9 (source: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Bu...:_Takedown)
white lines fix: usually these kind of problems are gone or less worse if you use the native resolution of the game or a multiple of it (don't have the game, so no guarantees)

Newest conclusion: I used direct3d 9 software, and it acted like using SDL 1.3 so no black sky and white lines, just very slow speed. It seems that when I use software mode, the only problem is 50% slower speed, and when i use hardware mode, I have the problem with white lines and black sky but normal speed. Can someone tell me which is better and/or send me the configurations through an uploader?
software mode uses only your cpu for the emulation, that's why it is so slow. the main advantage is the higher compatibility, it avoids many graphical problems of the hardware mode like those annoying lines or false/missing textures/effects. hardware mode may ofc look nicer as it allows for higher resolutions than a game's native one. did you try a hardware mode at native resolution and checked if the white lines vanished?
Pages: 1 2 3