..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Recommended Configuration For Kingdom Hearts 2 On Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any recommended settings for playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on a Macbook Pro? The game runs good, but the problem is that during certain cutscene and battles with certain effects, the game runs incredibly slow. An example is when your fighting Seifer, there is a cutscene that does this swaying effect (See Screenshot). Notice the frame rate is 28.7, which is weird, because most of the cutscene's for me run at 60 fps. I will post my current configuration settings and specifications at the bottom as well. I hope someone will help me solve this problem. Smile

Computer: Macbook Pro, 13-inch, Late 2011
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
That's most probably your onboard graphics reaching their limit, while trying to render that effect. Don't think you can do anything about it I'm afraid....
I have it running quite well on a 2,66 i7 MBP with NVidia GT330M . It's a fantastic game!

I use all VU and microVU tweaks , 2x antialiasing and no bilinear filtering. All options in Sound config unticked. I also use one of the game fixes that mentions Kingdom Hearts. The sound is delayed for about half a second but it's no big deal. Only one crash so far but it could have something to do with the shaky xbox360 gamepad Mac driver.

I get constant 60FPS with the occasional stutter but the animation and response is pretty solid.

I can post detailed settings if somebody interested.

The only issue is that full screen gives me nasty artifacts in the inactive screen borders , where it should just be black, and I don't know how to make the x11 window show without a title bar. x11's own full screen option doesn't help. x11 sucks.

Also, there is the issue with the x360 gamepad's analogue stick not working properly for diagonal movement, you get half speed and the character walks . It has something to do with the x360 stick having a circular control area whereas the PS2 has a square, so the corners are not reached by the x360 stick when moving diagonally.