..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Performance issue with Star Wars BF 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off I'm going to establish I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm very new. So here is the problem, when running Star Wars Battlefront 2 my FPS decreases to 20 FPS. I recently got a new desktop that I expected to be able to put out a lot more than 20 FPS. Here are my specs:
I7 @ overclocked at 4.1-2 Ghz
Radeon 7970 (its sad I don't know this, but i think its 3Gb of DDR5)
16GB of DDR3 Memory
PCSX2 and the games etc are installed on an 120GB SSD
Winodows 7 Professional 64bit

I've played with some of the plugins some and didn't get anywhere, most likely because I didn't know what I was doing, so I restored everything to defaults. I had the thoughts that I wasn't able to utilize my hardware to its full potential due to me not knowing how to properly configure everything. So please help me! Also, try to take mercy on me for all the mistakes I probably made in this post Biggrin ! (This the first time ive ever posted on any form anywhere ever)
patch the pcsx2 executable with the 4gb patch

enable the 8bit textures setting in GSDX
Thanks for the reply. I had already done the 4GB patch and I enabled the 8-bit, but still no change.
Use the MTVU speed hack, and i guess the recommended ones, although at your specks it shouldnt be a concern. Still the MTVU hack gives great performance with 3d titles, If using software render, remember to set extra threads to 3-4, its in the Gs pluggin ui
Okay, I ticked nearly everything and pushed it go to about 50 Fps but that didn't last long, and it waivers heavily. Any suggestions on graphics plugin configuration?
Set EE cycle rate to 2, Dont touch the Vu cycle though.
Try Native , then x2 in the GS pluggin, make sure to use dx11 or Software, Software has best compatibility , but can looks a lot worse
this is probably related to the issue where Radeon 7000 series cards don't run at the full clockrate in emulators

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showt...#pid218105
(07-12-2012, 11:23 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]this is probably related to the issue where Radeon 7000 series cards don't run at the full clockrate in emulators

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showt...#pid218105

I have an ASUS CUII HD7870 with pcsx2 running in DX11 and no problems getting 60fps in most games at 3x internal (even with games like MGS).

I get better performance with DX11 in pcsx2, but i get better performance with DX9 in Dolphin...

I checked my card with ASUS GPU Monitor while running ATV 3 in pcsx2. During the intro video the card runs at the default 300Mhz but when the first screen to select game mode/rider/vehicles appears, it goes to 1010Mhz and stays there for as long as you play. That's normal behavior.
1010 is not the full clockrate on that card.

and what does ATV have to do with Battlefront 2?
(07-13-2012, 06:44 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]1010 is not the full clockrate on that card.

and what does ATV have to do with Battlefront 2?

1100 is the default clock rate, as i haven't overclocked my card.

ATV and about 30 other games i own and tried run fine with DX11. They have nothing to do with Battlefront but my point is that not all 7xxx series cards have problems with DX11, as suggested above.

I borrowed a friend's SW Battlefront 2 and after half an hour of playing it, i didn't notice any fps drop (DX11 at 3x internal).

[attachment=38865]