..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Rollercoaster World PS2 PCSX2 Emulator Rail Noise not being heard.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can confirm that this issue is present on the PAL version of the game. (using latest SVN build).

The game logs when it loads BGM but doesn't seem to mention when sound effects are loaded that I can see (including working ones).

Also best log message ever
Rollercoaster World Wrote:open fail name ¥ETC¥MIDAS.png;1
which appears just before the image in question appears on screen.
(07-19-2012, 02:19 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that this issue is present on the PAL version of the game. (using latest SVN build).

The game logs when it loads BGM but doesn't seem to mention when sound effects are loaded that I can see (including working ones).

Also best log message ever
which appears just before the image in question appears on screen.

oh... my version's PAL... plus, i can't find a USA one too.
I've had a look at a dump of this and yea, the sound effect in question simply drops out after a while.
There are no other issues from what I can see.
I've added it on my ToDo list Wink
(07-19-2012, 04:51 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a look at a dump of this and yea, the sound effect in question simply drops out after a while.
There are no other issues from what I can see.
I've added it on my ToDo list Wink

plus, the audio lags on the menu and intro too. do you know why?
funny thing about incorrect buffer lengths, a sound can either lag, or end up clipped because it takes to long before it starts its loop
Lag is propably because of too slow computer. Everything works as expected here (short of that one bug).
(07-19-2012, 11:23 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Lag is propably because of too slow computer. Everything works as expected here (short of that one bug).

whow can you get a too slow computer? i deleted alot of files too...
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_523.40;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.03
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
(SYSTEM.CNF) Unusual or malformed entry in SYSTEM.CNF ignored:

ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_523.40;1) Game CRC = 0x5AC54B22, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_523.40;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.03
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
(SYSTEM.CNF) Unusual or malformed entry in SYSTEM.CNF ignored:

is this a problem??
Deleting files isn't going to make your computer faster. It might help your boot-up speed if you're using the drive you save to is your system drive, but it's not going to help overall performance much after all boot processes are completed, if any. In fact, I'm not sure if even that is true for inactive files that do nothing when they're not run by a user. I think you can have as many of those as you want without affecting performance at all - it's only programs that run at start-up / background programs that slowdown a computer.

Just a tip.
(07-24-2012, 04:39 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: [ -> ]Deleting files isn't going to make your computer faster. It might help your boot-up speed if you're using the drive you save to is your system drive, but it's not going to help overall performance much after all boot processes are completed, if any. In fact, I'm not sure if even that is true for inactive files that do nothing when they're not run by a user. I think you can have as many of those as you want without affecting performance at all - it's only programs that run at start-up / background programs that slowdown a computer.

Just a tip.

what types of background programs? i just removed the files from Startup to my desktop.
Pages: 1 2 3