..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help configuring to play the following games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play Timesplitters 2, Resident Evil 4 and Final Fantasy X

I had FFX running fine until I updated to the latest version and now I'm having a few issues. Everything slows down when I go into the menu screen and some of the texts aren't displaying properly.

Timesplitters 2 is almost running fine but suffers from some slowdown in the menus

Resident Evil 4 is a bit of a mess, I can get the menus and forgrounds to look amazing but everything else looks really "ghostly" and runs a bit slow.

Here's my spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 3.00ghz
4.00gb RAM
ATI Radion HD 4800 Series
Vista 64

Can you recommend a good configuration to use based on my PC?
You can follow my FFX settings which can be found here: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Final_Fantasy_X I never meet any slowdown in menu screen. The game is slow when scanning an enemy though. My laptop is kinda suck.

I don't know 'bout RE4. I briefly tested it. I mainly played RE4 on my PS2 and the PC version.
Ok thanks FFX looks and plays great now.

RE4 has improved a bit but the sound is still pretty poor. It's crackly, and stutters quite a bit. It still looks a bit ghostly in the background though, I can't remember if this is normal or not as its been a long time since I've played but looking at other screenshots I don't think it is.
I'm also having a bit of trouble with Metal Gear Solid 2 and Timesplitters 2.

With Metal Gear the game is very laggy when you start on the deck of the boat and the sound it very distorted. When you get inside its not so bad but its a bit laggy when you are in alert mode.

Timesplitters 2 plays great but the sound gets quite stuttery when there are a lot of bots in one place.