..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report ] Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# PCSX2 version: I have tried from 5100-53xx on the svn. Tried diffrent settings with no success.
# CPU options: Default.
# Plugins used: GSdx 5336 (hardware. and Software, with speed hacks and without, Dx9 and dx11 neither worked.)
# Description: The main menu, and battleplan map works, but the second you go into an actual fight where you would control your character, the graphics lock up with no way to get out of it. The odd thing I found is that the sound seems unaffected by this, so its not a total crash/freeze. Software mode does not work either, and speed hacks seem to not effect it either. Tried with them on or off.

Seems quite a few support threads on this but when I did a search of this section of the forums I didn't find any bug report posts, so here it is.
Did you try EE clamping mode to Full and Vu`s Clamping to Extra+Preserve ? if not try it and report back
could you please follow the template :

Code:
[Bug Report] Wrestle Kingdom 2 [NTSC-J]

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 1888, Official v0.9.6 release
# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.14 (hardware and software, dx10), ZeroGS 0.9.6, spu2ghz 1.9.0 or ZeroSPU 0.46
# Description: Game will boot to black screen and not load in Beta 1888. It was working in PCSX2 v0.9.6 but latest beta hangs.
(07-24-2012, 02:09 AM)omnikam Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try EE clamping mode to Full and Vu`s Clamping to Extra+Preserve ? if not try it and report back

Nope still does same thing.
# PCSX2 version: 1.0.0
# CPU options: Preset 1
# Plugins used: Default 1.0.0 plugins.
# Description: Confirming this bug. Game freezes during battle while leaving the music playing. This occurs after about a second or so of battling. Commands may be entered before the freeze. The game still seems to be responding to commands somewhere in the system during the freeze. You can press start and the music fades down, and other commands, like attacks, will activate their respective sounds after immense delays, but it's not playable on any stage known to laymen.

So then I thought maybe it was an audio problem. Tried disabling audio. Nope. Nothing. Turned audio back on. Tried CPU clamping suggestions. Nothing. Messed with save states. Not a chance. What then? Well, I did find out that you can pause the game right at the start of the battle and explore the various stat menus. This pausing action does delay the freeze by roughly one second once you return to real-time combat, but it's a one-shot deal. The only thing you can do is retreat. Bizarrely, once you've decided to flee, the games runs like normal. You even get to run around for a few seconds while your general shamefully laments. No freeze bug until you decide to fight again.

In conclusion, "Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires" is totally playable as long as you don't mind playing for about five seconds each time and always losing. Hope this gets fixed someday. I love this crazy old game.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.