..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Thinking of upgrading!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I don't really have the best computer in the world but thinking of upgrading the gear!
So right now I have a,

nVidia GeForce 310
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz
4GB Ram

I don't just want to use it for the pcsx2 emulator, because that's what it's supposed to be related to!
But I want to be able to run emulators at a higher speed and be able to record at the same time!
And I'm not an expert so I would like to know what's important to focus on and stuff!

Because these emulators for PS2 and Gamecube for example uses alot of horse power!
I would love if I wouldn't need to OC something because that would need alot more fan power and stuff.

Thanks in advance! Biggrin
My rig last year is an e5200 and 9500GT.. so sad it can't run PCSX2 in good speed.. but when I upgraded to i5 2400 and gt440 last march.. I able to play pcsx2 in playable speed and record at the same time... without lagging...
i5/i7 will help BIG TIME. And though the GPU doesn't help a whole lot, it never hurts to have a good one. I personally have the GTX580 and love it.
Upgrade your CPU to Intel Core I7 / I5 Sandy Bridge or higher, that have High Clocks by default. (~3.4 Ghz) Upgrading your CPU means to upgrade your motherboard etc. Wacko

You'd better get a New PC.

Also, Gamecube Emulator Dolphin Require less Emulation power as compared to PCSX2.
Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts!
Just to make it clear that I am able to run Kingdom Hearts without lag but in combat with more enemies, then it starts to lag and have slow downs. Ruins the experience but works at the moment.
Yeah I will consider buying a new one but I like mine already but it just doesn't keep up with todays standards.
Thanks again!

PS, yeah I know but Dolphin still requires some horse power!
^Just to let you know Kingdom Hearts is one of the easier games to run on PCSX2 - not saying that to be mean but just dont think you have an awesome rig. based on that Tongue2
if you gonna upgrade do it in parts and not buy it from retail those are terrible lol.

for good speeds and cheap parts setup:

i3/i5 series (depents if you want to play pc games as well, if so go for i5)

cheap mobo that fits the processor

4gb ram its cheap and 4gb is good enough for about anything pc and emulators can throw at you

nvidea gtx 460 1gb ddr5 or gtx 560 ti 1gb ddr5 / ati/amd 5850/5870 - these cards are cheap to come by now because they are pretty old but are still well above gaming cards and you can go to the next level of graphics on either pc games or emulation.

700 watt psu - most underated component of the pc for most people a good psu is always a good buy.

total would be like 400/500 euro and if you go second handed you can fetch it for like 300 and there is really no good reason not to go second handed unless it is in bad shape.
(07-26-2012, 06:16 PM)YumiLovesMe Wrote: [ -> ]^Just to let you know Kingdom Hearts is one of the easier games to run on PCSX2 - not saying that to be mean but just dont think you have an awesome rig. based on that Tongue2

Uhmmmm
I'm not "thinking that I have an awesome rig" based on that I can run Kingdom Hearts "OK"
I said it work for the moment while thinking of the gear to buy Glare

Thanks everybody else for the support and thoughts! Smile
Now the owner of a i7 with 3,4Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX660
12GB Ram

So problem solved.
(07-26-2012, 12:21 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Gamecube Emulator Dolphin Require less Emulation power as compared to PCSX2.[/color]

not true

i can play ALL ps2 games on 4x natibe fullspeed and i cant get some games to work at full speed on dolphin games. (the last story for example more demandin gthen shadow of the collosus will ever be)

i dont get why people say this -,-
Pages: 1 2