..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Build r5347 review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is alot of good work that has been done to this new build and I hope the hard work keeps going. Many things have been improved including the new DX10 Gpu plugin. I tested earlier versions with FFX and found that the earlier versions of 13, 14 and 15 have slowdowns in areas where the new Gdx plugin doesn't. These are amazing improvements, although sometimes things slowdown for a split secound here and there, mainly the game runs flawlessly. I tested the game Black. It must have been too demanding for my cpu and gpu - Amd Turion 2 dual core 2.50ghz Ati Radeon Hd 4200 series Gpu. So I'll stick to reviewing less intensive games.

I will also find Catlevania Curse of Darkness and give reports on how that runs. All in All I am very pleased because I bought this laptop to be a gaming laptop capable of handling all my classic PS2 and Pc games. Modern games that might work is just a plus but I'm more focused on my favorites of the 90's to around 2007 or so.

Opinions and other peoples reviews of their CPU and GPU are welcome and please tell what games work for you as well. Thats why I've started this tread so people can give feedback so developers will know how to make improvements. Pcsx2 has came a long way and is almost complete. I find that now it comes done to making tweaks in areas to give even more performance. I don't know how to say this but, its the minor parts which need to be focused on, I get the full speed but from time to time there is a glitch or stutter which maybe due to pcsx2 not reading the iso fast enough or a small slowdown somewhere in the core of pcsx2 and sometimes its not as smooth as it should be running. But I am exited to see how future builds will perform since this build did so well on my computer. And I'm sure newer builds will introduce new features for fine tuning Pcsx2 for fluidness and smoothness.
redundant thread is redundant.
Quote:And I'm sure newer builds will introduce new features for fine tuning Pcsx2 for fluidness and smoothness.
in a distant future, sure. But accuracy is the priority.
Quote:Amd Turion 2 dual core 2.50ghz Ati Radeon Hd 4200 series Gpu
...but you will need a decent machine to benefit from those improvements
I wasn't trying to start a redundant thread, I thought other people would benefit from it and share there comments all in one place so it would be easier. Also, I spent alot of money on this computer which I think has good graphics compared to alot of computers out there. It is very hard to find a good gaming laptop without spending a good chunk of money. I paid around 500$ for this setup, I went through about 5 laptops which had worse graphics and still cost a good amount of money. The way companies skimp out on laptop graphics is pretty sad, most don't even tell you how much VRAM they have. I consider myself lucky to have gotten this far in terms of graphic power. Most games like FFX should run just fine on a GPU like mine with 256mb dedicated VRAM and 1600mb shared RAM, which means it can go higher if needed. But I am sorry if I seemed redundant in any way, I just wanted to share some thoughts and see how others fair with what they use when running pcsx2
Its redundant because 1.0 is not out yet, and there is still the potential for substantial breakage or fixings before 1.0 is officially released.
Oh I see, I'm sorry. Forgive me if this might be dumb question but how high does the build list go before its called 1.0. will it go from r5347 to 1000 ? I used Pcsx2 back in the day but it was in early development. So I'm not 100% up to date on certain things. I just thought I'd let everyone know Pcsx2 is on the right track with this build. And that their hard work is something I really thank them for. I can finally play my favorite ps2 game with very little issues, I have alot of fun now. My ps2 broke long time ago and I wanted something on my laptop that I could use to play ps2 games anywhere I go. The consoles are great but when your on the go and want to play a game where you don't have a tv nearby, then that is whats great about laptops and emulaters.
No, the number will still be r5xxx+, the 1.0 release will just be coined as release quality and provided from the official sites download pages.
That Svn is indeed very nice as it fixes some annoying problem Smile Your laptop is weak Shaneblack88, not being mean, just saying if you really want to get the most out of it then get a quad core, preferably Intel i5 or i7 and if you stick with your laptop then go for a Gtx660m or 670m both of which work nicely
Oh ya I see the lastest is 0.9.8 and then theres SVN. I suppose later on I could check on replacing my GPU. I can replace my CPU because its a socket type so I assume I can go into the 3ghz or above range with dual or quad cores. My laptop is Lenovo Z565 with AMD CPU and GPU, and I run Windows 7 too. I'll do some research because I have heard that even though if it is intergrated they did put a dedicated chip ontop of it with 256mb. So to my knowledge it might be interchangable. Aways thanks for the insight, I have learned some good information.

So if I did have a stronger CPU would that have a good speed increase even if I couldn't switch the graphics card ? I do get good graphics and its a DX10 card, but on games like Black, which is a shooter game, it slows downs when alot of action starts up.
A good cpu is always a good thing Smile but it should be matched with a good gpu Tongue
Anyway a 256m card is going to let you down if you want to go higher than native resolution, not to mention its more than likely dated. Most quality laptops have at least 1gig dedicated gpu cards in them and if your looking at high spec laptops think 3gig beasts. And only a few laptops allow upgrading the gpu, so dont expect you can
Pages: 1 2 3