..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: pcsx2 isn't running at smooth speeds....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have just built a new pc with the following stats:

intel i5 2500k OC to 4.3ghz
EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2gb
Asus p8z68-v pro gen 3
8 gb ram

I have just installed pscx 1.0 (nice going on getting to integer values guys Laugh) and have set up the gsdx plugin to use d3d 11 (hardware) and am using 1360x768 resolution, internal resolution 1024x1024.

I have so far tested two games in detail, which are:

Shadow Of The Colossus
Tekken Tag Tournament

In all honesty, it isnt running as fast as I expected. What is really bugging me is that there seem to be multiple occurrences of people running lesser hardware with higher pcsx2 settings and getting silky smooth gameplay the previously mentioned games.

Have I missed some setting somewhere that is slowing the emulator down?

To go into a bit more detail about the games:

SOTC: Framerates start in the low 50s after starting to play, but after wandering around for around 10 seconds (basically when the horse runs up next to you) it slows down to between 30 and 40.....

Tekken: Only ever hits the 40 in framerate.......

Thanks in advance guys, sorry to make another one of these threads, but my situation seems somewhat odd when I'm sure my hardware should be ok for the job....
I wanted to post almost the exact same thing. I also have a new i5 2500k OCed to 4.2, 8gb ram and an ATI 4850. Thus im running sse4.1 and d3d 10. However my resolutions are 1920x1080 and internal of slightly less. This could be an issue but one of the best benefit to using pcsx2 is higher resolutions.So id like to see about other solutions.

I was trying Shadow of the Colossus, GT4 and Suikoden III. I remember from a long time ago that suikoden has always had slowdown issues so im not too concerned about it.

SOTC : exact same experience speed wise. i tried it with VU skip on 2 i believe and it crashed at the end of the first sequence. Sad didnt save state

Gt4: menus are great, videos i believe are fine. Driving/racing is slow. Around 35-40fps.

Ive also tried the emulators with x6 native resolution and it looks amazing, but slows things down by quite a lot. and I have tried using speedhacks mtvu, which did not appear to do anything. also tried EE Cyclerate at 2, and that doesnt seem to help.

Grats on 1.0 btw ive been a long time fan but was using a pentium D before this.
Think I may have sorted it, so you may want to take note Tongue

Go to speedhacks in emulation settings, tick mtvu hack (bottom right tick box) also turn the vu slider up to 1. SOTC is running flat at 60hz for me now, thats running on native 3 HOORAH

Do feel a little uneasy turning up the vu slider though...
(08-10-2012, 12:15 AM)thedemon1366 Wrote: [ -> ]Think I may have sorted it, so you may want to take note Tongue

Go to speedhacks in emulation settings, tick mtvu hack (bottom right tick box) also turn the vu slider up to 1. SOTC is running flat at 60hz for me now, thats running on native 3 HOORAH

Do feel a little uneasy turning up the vu slider though...

Sorry, for bumping inside your thread, but how much did it cost for you to build your computer?
~£1300 (I did buy a Lian Li case though)
IMO worth every penny, love the concept of a HT/Gaming PC hybrid
i tried your settings. still getting 30-60fps
some of the game very demanding = need powerful hardware!!!
SotC is the most demanding game under PCSX2 (and it was running at ~20-30 FPS on the PS2 console itself). The VU Cycle stealing hack was designed from this game Tongue So for SotC, turn VU Cycle stealing up to 2, it has no side effects for this game.

GT4 is the second most demanding (or around there, you picked them pretty nicely Tongue ) and should work at above full speed on an i5 2500K @4,3 Ghz so you probably have misconfigured something...

Tekken Tag Tournament is buggy with PCSX2, making it need godly specs. I guess it's more or less unplayable until the performance problem is fixed in PCSX2
you can get 60fps from TTT with a sandy or ivy bridge cpu clocked at 4.5ghz
Shadow of the Colossus Optimal Settings:

- Make sure you have the latest/newest Pcsx2 build and plugins (or at least new enough)
- Tick all speedhacks (except for fast CDVD) and set VU Cycle Stealing to 2, then EE Cyclerate to 2
- Enable automatic gamefixes (default)
- DO NOT enable HW Hacks
- Set resolution to x3 if you're going 4:3, or set the custom resolution to 1920x1080 if you're using the 16:8 option in the game

Optional (if your PC can handle it):
- Enable 8-bit textures and texture filtering
- Enable Vsync (or the other one conditional Vsync)

Some issues:
- There may be some wierd shadows on the side of the screen or on Wander when inside the temple
- May sometimes have a very very slight sound "lag/echo" on areas that need huge processing power
Pages: 1 2