..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS3 Controller Not Detected by PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cant seem to get my PS3 controller to work with PCSX2 v1.0.0 through USB connection. MotionInJoy detects it, the vibration test works, but in PCSX2 the controller isnt detected or is being detected improperly. Can I get some help on what Im doing wrong or missing?

*Windows 7, 64 bit
*Official dualshock PS3 Controller
*Original PS3 usb cable
*Latest stable MotionInJoy version 0.6.0005 (also tried .07)
*Latest PCSX2 version 1.0
Did you press the pink 'Enable' button? A lot of people forget to press it when plugging in their controller to their PC via USB.
Did you assign the buttons of the PS3 controller in Lilypad while MiJ was enabled?
I found that if I didn't enable my controller in MiJ, certain buttons wouldn't work (L1, L2, R1, R2 and the Analog Sticks) even though they were assigned in Lilypad.
(08-12-2012, 03:39 PM)Ravin1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you assign the buttons of the PS3 controller in Lilypad while MiJ was enabled?
I found that if I didn't enable my controller in MiJ, certain buttons wouldn't work (L1, L2, R1, R2 and the Analog Sticks) even though they were assigned in Lilypad.

(08-12-2012, 10:15 AM)BigLoz Wrote: [ -> ]Did you press the pink 'Enable' button? A lot of people forget to press it when plugging in their controller to their PC via USB.

Yes I indeed press the 'enable' button in MiJ before starting up PCSX2. I do a Vibration test everytime before I minimize MiJ and start up PCSX2. But PCSX2 wont let me assign anything, I press the button and then the controller key and nothing happens. I even went into the Properties of the controller through MiJ and tested the buttons, seeing they all respond. The problem seems to be somewhere within PCSX2 not reading MiJ or something. Am I using the wrong Lilypad file perhaps?
Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the attachments in your first post.

Are you using the DS3 controller or is it one of the old sixaxis only controllers?

This is what mine looks like with MiJ installed.
[attachment=39622]
[attachment=39623]
(08-12-2012, 06:48 PM)Ravin1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshot the General & Pad 1 settings tabs please.

Also, which settings for a PS2 controller are you using in MiJ? (I'm assuming you're using the one that specifies PCSX2 in the description)

Yes Im using the setting that specifies for PCSX2 although Ive tried the regular PS2 setting just to see if I got any response but no. I switched the PCSX2 Pad plugin to SSSPSX instead of Lilypad MotioninJoy and I got that working fine BUT as you know that plugin doesnt have configurations for TWO analogs nor the analog click.

As you can see in the screenshots, the controller is marked as [Detached] which seems like that shouldnt be the case...
Tick 'DirectInput' in the 'General' tab on the LilyPad settings. Also are you sure you're using the 'LilyPad-MotioninJoy.dll' which should be stored in the plugins folder? This is needed for the specific profile you're using - 'Playstation 2' ( for PCSX2 with pressure sensitive)'.
Check my editted post.

I'd also recommend that you disable Pad 2 if you never intend to use it since I see it has been configured.
I got a lot of [Detached] errors because of a weak USB cable at the start.
Have you checked the condition of the cable you're using/tried another cable out?
(08-12-2012, 07:20 PM)Ravin1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Check my editted post.

I'd also recommend that you disable Pad 2 if you never intend to use it since I see it has been configured.
I got a lot of [Detached] errors because of a weak USB cable at the start.
Have you checked the condition of the cable you're using/tried another cable out?

One thing I noticed was that you had DX MiJ Virtual Game Controller under Device Diagnostic. Testing that one my PS3 controller does seem to respond.
How do I disable Pad 2? Also currently I only have this cable to work with, but I do not see any physical problems with it. As I mentioned before, using SSSPSX plugin it responds well.

(08-12-2012, 07:03 PM)BigLoz Wrote: [ -> ]Tick 'DirectInput' in the 'General' tab on the LilyPad settings. Also are you sure you're using the 'LilyPad-MotioninJoy.dll' which should be stored in the plugins folder? This is needed for the specific profile you're using - 'Playstation 2' ( for PCSX2 with pressure sensitive)'.

I ticked 'DirectInput' and now I have other devices showing up, one of them being DX MiJ Virtual Game Controller which, when Testing, seems to respond to all of my PS3 buttons.
Yes I am sure I am using that LilyPad dll, version is 0.11.0 (r5112).
(08-12-2012, 06:48 PM)Ravin1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Nevermind, just noticed the attachments in your first post.

Are you using the DS3 controller or is it one of the old sixaxis only controllers?

This is what mine looks like with MiJ installed.

I dont know what you mean by DS3 controller? How do I tell which one I have?
Pages: 1 2