..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Framerate Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having some framerate issues e.e

Game I'm currently attempting to play is persona 4, but my framerate tends to hover around 23, which just seems rediculously slow to me.

I've tried fiddling with my settings, and have all the obvious stuff done, but I am still having a lot of issues, and I really dislike frameskipping...

Not sure if there's anything obvious I'm missing, or if my comp just really hates pcsx2 for some reason e.e

Basic Specs:

Mac OSX 10.6.8
Processor: 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 8GB 1067MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M w/ 256MB VRAM

So yeah, if there's anything that any of y'all can think of, plase let me know e.e
Your specs doesn't seem suitable for PCSX2...
One thing I've learned is that a good PC for PCSX2
will eat your wallet !!
That and to focus on the CPU more than the graphics card
when buying.

AMD Phenom II X4 975 @3.6 Ghz, 4.2 O.C.
AMD Radeon HD 6990
16 GB G.Skill 1833 Mhz
Win 7 x64
(08-19-2012, 03:03 PM)ps2freak Wrote: [ -> ]Your specs doesn't seem suitable for PCSX2...
One thing I've learned is that a good PC for PCSX2
will eat your wallet !!
That and to focus on the CPU more than the graphics card
when buying.

AMD Radeon HD 6990
16 GB G.Skill 1833 Mhz
Win 7 x64

FALSE, I have Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
RAM 4GB DDR3 1067 MHz
Intel HD Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and it runs smoothly.
(also, this is the mac part of the forum, so please contribute only if you use Mac OS X for PCSX2, if not, then please go to the windows part)

Have you checked the game fixes for P4?
I guess it depends on the games... Some play well on a cheap laptop
and some can make a PC like mine crash from heat and stress, even with a watercooler (SoTC did this today).

AMD Radeon HD 6990
16 GB G.Skill 1833 Mhz
Win 7 x64
Oooops !! This IS the MAC part. Sorry for the trouble.
Heh, don't worry bout it, ps2freak. No harm, no foul Tongue

But in reply to you, Kaze, I'll be honest and say that I am pretty much a PCSX2 newb... I did the thing with the log-z nonsense, and have fiddled with stuff like AA, filtering, and all that, but I am not sure what you mean by game fixes specifically for p4 e.e

I really am afraid that the issue is just my graphics card, although even then, 23fps just feels like it's way too slow, even with my couple year old machine e.e
(08-20-2012, 02:43 AM)raidatheblade Wrote: [ -> ]Heh, don't worry bout it, ps2freak. No harm, no foul Tongue

But in reply to you, Kaze, I'll be honest and say that I am pretty much a PCSX2 newb... I did the thing with the log-z nonsense, and have fiddled with stuff like AA, filtering, and all that, but I am not sure what you mean by game fixes specifically for p4 e.e

I really am afraid that the issue is just my graphics card, although even then, 23fps just feels like it's way too slow, even with my couple year old machine e.e

Hymm hymm...

Somewhere in the PCSX2 Mac interface in one of the sub-menus, there should be something called "Game Fixes". All of the fixes are different, some games NEED the fixes and some works perfectly without, P4 (made by ATLUS) works alot better with the ATLUS specific fixes ^_^
Only one of them mentions Persona, and I already had it turned on e.e

I guess is is my video card. Dang...
(08-21-2012, 09:26 PM)raidatheblade Wrote: [ -> ]Only one of them mentions Persona, and I already had it turned on e.e

I guess is is my video card. Dang...

Did any of them mention ATLUS?
None that I saw.
Pages: 1 2