..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX-2 videos are messed up in 1.0.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For some odd reason it wouldn't let me ALT+PRNT SCRN the window so I dont have a pic to show for that. What it does the screen is all black and you see colored dots that make up the characters/objects.

My PCSX2 settings

http://i.imgur.com/wQqDy.jpg

Game fixes are set to default settings

Ther version of the game is PAL. everything else in the game is fine except for the videos.
if my 1.0 is messing up vidoes or gameplay in any game im goin back to old version of PCSX2 -.-
these are fmv or ingame cutscenes?

also disable any speehack you have
FMV. Disabled all speed hacks as well and no change.
FFX-2 has been like this for quite a while (maybe even always)? Use software renderer.
Wouldnt that make my graphics look like crap?? Hmm I think I'll pass, Thanks though
(08-19-2012, 10:12 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldnt that make my graphics look like crap?? Hmm I think I'll pass, Thanks though

so because the fmv wont be as sharp as you want you dont want to play the game? lol fail at gaming much? the normal cut-scenes and graphics will be fine because you can switch to hw mode then.
X-2 FMV's have always been like that in HW with scaling, and since this is the 5th time this has been posted about in the last 2 weeks.

USE THE FORUM SEARCH.
LOL It would look like utter crap... I tried that once in a game and MY god.... Talk about graphical glitches galore. It even looked worse than native PS2 res, a lot worse.

(08-19-2012, 10:25 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]X-2 FMV's have always been like that in HW with scaling, and since this is the 5th time this has been posted about in the last 2 weeks.

USE THE FORUM SEARCH.

Fine delete my topic then.

Sorry
It wouldn't look any better in hardware;] FMV's are just pre-rendered movies, they CANNOT UPSCALE to say it differently - videos are just simple 2D graphics;] and that cannot be upscalled nicely. It potentially could with some filters as PS1 emus have, but it would just be blurry anyway.
As long as no bugs are involved native vs PS2 doesn't really look any worser, it's mostly a subjective feeling couse you see it now compared to upscaled graphics and potentially on much better display without any analog smoothing in there;].
Pages: 1 2 3