..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FF XII Slow Motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is the first time i´m playing a game with this emulator and i´m having massive problems. I´m trying to play Final Fantasy XII but the whole game looks like it runs in slow motion. The intro video is running very slow and laggy and even the sound/music sounds like it´s played in slow motion or some kind of voice changer. There is some noticeable delay with the controls, too.

Is my computer simply not good enough or is there a problem with my playground settings? Or is this normal and this is the best the emulator can do?

i´ve read the guide and i tried a lot of different settings including speed hacks, some made the game run much worse but none made it run better...

my PC:

CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4700, 2600 MHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP , 512MB
RAM: 2 GB Corsair (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi

Game: German Final Fantasy XII (original)
PCSX2 BIOS: Europe v02.00

thanks for your help ( and sorry for bad english Tongue2 )
2,6 Ghz is mid-range to low for PCSX2,so it is probably your CPU limiting there...FFXII is a pretty demanding game in terms of CPU power.If you would overclock your processor you would get better results
You should also try a forum search for FFXII for some tips on which pcsx2 settings work well with the game. Lots of threads around on FFXII.
I play FFXII with C2D E7300 2.66Ghz, 2GB DDR2, HD4870 [not much different specs]
got almost 55-60 in every map... except 40++ for crowd in town, or in store...
i don't know, but maybe your RAM's the problem? PC3200?
try change ur plugin... I use GSDX latest version. for sound, Peops 1.3.0 is enough i think.
Nah, ram doesnt make different for speed fps except with lack of ram and have huge ram also make stabilized for system windows. I suggest you to play this game with official playground under directx10 in OS Vista and try with Vu skip.
on FF12 my intro to the game runs slow (not the vid) and the tutorial place as well, but after that I'm boasting 40fps with ease on my pc

version: NTSC U/C
2.2 pentium D dc
nvidia 8400gs (256)
4gb ram

bios: any (have used several)
I once had slugish intro vid but found out it was erm i think it was cos i had speed hacks on and when i went from x3 to x1.5 i think or x2 it was ok again also vsync hack to off i think also. Also make sure denominals are zero is off for the vc recs section as with it on i had some trouble.
"2,6 Ghz is mid-range to low for PCSX2,so it is probably your CPU limiting there...FFXII is a pretty demanding game in terms of CPU power.If you would overclock your processor you would get better results"

I have 2.2ghz (dual core) and run FF12 just fine. just takes some PC tweaking (NOT overclocking)
Just curious but between FF XII and Persona 4, which game runs better in PCSX2?