..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Telling me to format my memory cards after I moved them to a different computer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got a new computer and I want to move my gamesaves from my old to my new one. I downloaded the emulator and bios then copy/pasted my memory cards from a thumb drive, but pcsx2 keeps telling me I have to format them when I try to access them.

Any way to fix this without formatting the cards?
First, are you sure you do have saves and they're not save states? Maybe you could try copying the new one (like say, the second memory card slot) to your old computer, then manually transferring the save files using the PS2 browser? (from the first slot [old] to the second slot [new], then copy back to the new one). Also, you are using the 8MB one right?
I dont have my old computer anymore so I cant do that.

What I have in my thumb drive is a folder called "memcards" and inside are files called Mcd001, Mcd002 and "my memory card".

I took the file back out of pcsx2 folder and started up a game to make a new save, which worked. I can save and load with that game. I wanted to generate a new "memcards" folder in the pcsx2 folder so I can my cards over those or maybe name them Mcd003 and try to transfer the files, but even tho I can save and load from that newly created memory card the "memcards" folder didnt appear.
Maybe try using MyMC? It's a memory card program that works great with transferring files. There's already a topic here that explains about how to use it.
Scratch that. The new memcards folder is hidden. I figured out how to access it and i copy and pasted my memory card as mcd003 and it let me insert it into an empty slot but it still shows up as not formatted.
I would like to apologize for being a complete idiot. I dont know what compelled me to rename my Mcd001 to "my memory card" and create a new empty Mcd001 when I saved the files to my usb drive several months ago, but apparently I did and that mymc program clearly shows all my saves are in that file. I used the program to transfer the files to the new memory card I created and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the heads up on that program. I wouldnt have realized my mistake with out it.