..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Star Ocean 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(01-24-2009, 06:38 PM)kabooz Wrote: [ -> ]@Butz_san which plugins do you use

These are my plugins Smile
so the video and Pad plugin are different (except for the config ^^ i can't see it after all and of course speedhacks etc...)
hmmm i'm curious maybe i should try my star ocean too... one moment please...
I made 3 save states (all have the same plugins but different speedhacks xD)
1: default
2: 1.5 x speed
3: 2 x speed
(the numbers in the middle mean # ss loaded out of 3 times)

| 1.| 2.| 3.|
--------------------
1.| 0 | 1 | 0 |
2.| 1 | 0 | 0 |
3.| 0 | 0 | 0 |

I found a time when almost every load seems to be a success
so i tried to load with default settings. it worked and i could load ingame without problems... (9 times out of 10)

right after the console shows:
"
NTSC Display Mode Initialized
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate):59.94 fps
"
almost every ss is loadable (speedhacks load worse)

one last thing... in the corridor at the beginning (after the first event is skipped)
there are 2 different speeds one is 20 - 40 percent of speed and the other is 40 - 60
the slower won't load good it won't load from ingame at all

27 tries( to load from ingame only)
2 succeeded
22 crushed Pcsx2
and 3 "dyna_block_discard 80001300 , count 39" loops!!!?

this test was done with following plugins:
Lilypad0.9.7
GDSX svn 890 0.1.14
ZeroSpu2 PG r563
Linuz/PG Iso CDVD 0.8.0
Im having a really weird problem with Star Ocean...

During certain cutscenes the heads on people are spinning, its kinda freaky.

Any idea why? Besides that problem the game is running pretty good so far minus a few slowdown spots.
Is there any trick in getting the game to actually load off the first disc?

When I try to load disc 1, it just sits at a black screen and never loads the game, when I try to load disc 2 it actually loads into the game, but when I try to start a new game it asks for disc 1, I make a savestate and load disc 1 then reload the savestate, but it doesn't continue to load and crashes the emulator.

This happens using both my original rips of the game, and one off the net just to make sure I didn't have a bad disc (PS2 died of DRE problem, can't test there).

Advanced/speedhacks tab is set to defaults,
PCSX2 Playground rev 626, 627 (VTLB build)

Plugins:
Video: GSdx 0.1.14 891m, GSdx 0.1.7
Sound: SPU2ghz 1.9.0
Controller: SSSPSX Pad
Cdvdrom: Linuz/Pg iso CDVD 0.8.0

E8400 @ 4.05ghz, HD4850 512MB @ 780/2300mhz (Catalyst 8.12), 4gb RAM
you just need to press start on the controller at the black screen movie doesn't seem to work^^
i tryed to run the game whit patches enabled it didn't run when i disable it it runs and tryed whit patches enabled and no one of the patches enabled like this patch=0,EE,XXXXXXXX,word,XXXXXXXX didn't work
I can currently get Star Ocean to run in a very playable state, with reasonable FPS. One thing I noticed, because I wanted to mess with something early-on in the game, however, was that enabling patches for cheats in this game, when I resume playing the game, it crashes immediately. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem - again, it's not quite a problem with getting the game to work, as it works fine enough as is [I can live with a slowish FPS and some coloring issues], but rather the patching.
It crashes sometimes for several people.
I got this weird bug in SO3. I'm playing with many savestates, and sometimes a few seconds after loading certain savestate, pcsx2 will crash. After that if I try to reload the the same savestate, pcsx2 will immediately crashes to oblivion, and obviously I lost my save game till that point, it's so frustrating >.<... when savestate is so convenient in this game as I can get battle trophy easier than if I played in my original PS2 machine.

I'm currently using svn 686. If needed, I can email the broken savestate to any of the developer here. thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7