..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII - Basch's Flame Purge..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been playing this game for around 60 hours so far and the game runs very nicely, 60fps pretty much all the time @ 3 x Native using the GSDX r5350 plugin, all recommended hacks with EE cyclerate '2'.

Now I can get around the slowdown which I assume is post process related by enabling HW hacks and changing 'Skipdraw'to '1'.

The only problem is it makes the game looks a bit crappy.. Seems to remove all the post process effects completely.

Is there any other way around this? Is it a bug in the emulation? Or is it simply a pain in the arse to emulate without a beast of a machine?

Thanks for the help!

(I'm using a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz and a GTX470 with Win 7 32bit.)
How about SW mode?
Flame Purge always causes the GS to bottleneck.

Even with a beast of a machine, I doubt you'd get more than 30fps during the explosion.
Flame Purge performs multiple framebuffer effects on different area's of the screen at once. This requires a beastly framebuffer bandwidth when using what i would consider "excessive" internal scaling.
alpha hack and skip draw hack to 1 and it is fixed
maybe alpha hack is enough but not sure about this because i am not that far into the game yet.
(09-01-2012, 04:59 PM)warWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]alpha hack and skip draw hack to 1 and it is fixed
maybe alpha hack is enough but not sure about this because i am not that far into the game yet.

Needs skip draw. I was already using Alpha hack and got the slow down. Skip Draw + Alpha hack works.