..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 freeze every few minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone Smile

i wonder why when i was playing some games on PCSX2 1.0.0 it always freeze couple of seconds, on like every 5 to 10 minutes. I'm getting solid 60fps on games but I'm not sure why it freezes on every 5 to 10 minutes of gameplay. I'm have everything on default settings. Any ideas what is happening ? Is this normal ?

I remember i used to get this on PCSX2 0.9.8 version using my old pc which is a single core pc. well i thought it was my pc causing it, but now i have a decent pc it still happens.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
did you overclock that cpu? maybe that is your problem...
(09-02-2012, 03:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hi

I have already listed my pc specs below at my signature. and i am using PCSX2 1.0.0 version with everything on default settings except i am playing some games using gsdx dx11 hardware mode with 2/3 native setting. BTW i am running a iso instead of using DVD. And no i didn't OC any of my pc components

Super Robot Taisen OG
Sengoku Basara 2
Xenosaga Episode 1

These are the games i tested not much but still the freezing appears on every games i play.

But i have already tested both hardware and software mode it does freeze awhile every few minutes of gameplay
does it also crash?
could you post the emulaog just before the freeze?
what sort of freeze is it.

im suspecting intelliparking.......
(09-02-2012, 05:36 PM)warWeeny Wrote: [ -> ]does it also crash?
could you post the emulaog just before the freeze?

nope. it doesn't crash it just freeze for few seconds on every few minutes. i see nothing is wrong at the log though. but i try to test it again.

(09-02-2012, 06:26 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]what sort of freeze is it.

im suspecting intelliparking.......

hmm i did a google search about intelliparking. it seems that the problem exist on WD green drive which i have one. i try to run the iso on another HDD and see if the problem still exist.
yup it seems that the freezing is no longer exist. i tried it on my WD caviar blue HDD played about half and hour. didn't manage to get a freeze at all. thank you so much Squall Leonhart for figuring what is the problem. i appreciate it Smile
You can use the latest WDIDLE3 to set the intellipark timer to 5 minutes (instead of 8 seconds)

i don't recommend setting it to 0 (disabled) on the recent green's as i have seen performance issues afterwards first hand with my grandfathers green drive.
hmm it seems that i spoke too soon i am still experiencing freeze lasting for few seconds on every 20 minutes ? or so. but it's better than freeze on every 5 to 10 minutes though. not sure if this freeze issue is normal or not. i got nothing running on background only PCSX2. i tested idling on PCSX2 and there's no freezing at all. i try to give that application a try.

And does anyone knows how to set mouse as right analog stick to control the camera ?? i tried editing the settings at lilypad but for some reason it doesn't works for me.
Pages: 1 2