..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: about to put new computer through the wall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Long time viewer first time poster. I have been using PCSX2 for a couple of years now on my old desktop with an AMD athlon 64 X2 and realized after playing some games (bloody roar 4) that it was time to upgrade. I had been planning on building a better PC anyways and today finally completed it. Here is my setup.

ASUS Sabertooth Z77 motherboard
Intel i5-3470 (strong processor but ***** gpu)
EVGA geforce GTX 550 ti (to make up for ***** gpu)
8 gigs of ram
Windows 7 64 bit
etc

So basically, just kept my case and upgraded everything except the HD and Powersupply. I kept all of my old programs up and had to reinstall everything, but just to be safe i started from scratch, now for the problem.

When I first started using PCSX I would always get GS plugin errors and have to update my directx and vcreds and whatnot so I was used to it. HOWEVER, this time around it seems that nothing will work. I have searched countless threads, downloaded countless plugins, and still getting "GS Plugin failed to open" every time I try to play something. Each time i see the error i literally slam my fists against my desk and contemplate throwing the PC. I can understand getting it a few times and maybe something isnt updated, but now its just frustrating.

I checked the log and it keeps coming up with the error that the GS plugin is not a correct data link library, which is complete horse ***** becuz it, and all the other ones I have been loading directly from the site, clearly are, and it even allows me to configure them inside the console. So if you guys can think of anything other than "update your direct x" (already ran the web updater 674358975438790432 times and just keeps saying that the most up to date is loaded) or "just simply try the other plugin" then please let me know. You might just be saving the life of a new comp. Have fun and thanks in advanced.
Download teamviewer, execute it and choose the Run radio item and send me the user id and passcode in a private message
(09-03-2012, 07:15 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]Download teamviewer, execute it and choose the Run radio item and send me the user id and passcode in a private message

Whew, I cant thank you enough. That worked, and the computer isnt in pieces. Have fun.
no problem mate.
see console ping!!! benchmark how fast your computer run lower ms the better!!!

ME

window 7 32bit
intel core i5 2500k 3.3ghz
8gb ram (3.4gb usable ram)
palit gt 610 1gb ddr3

pcsx2 console my ping 140+ms

take note! lower ping(ms) the better it run!!!
Complete and utter bollocks. The ping is just a measure of how fast the game database was read, it has nothing to do with performance whatsoever.