..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: "Some kinda plugin failure"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
Path: C:\Games\pcsx2-5402-windows-x86\plugins\gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Games\pcsx2-5402-windows-x86\plugins\gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll

Apparently using an older version of GSdx fixes a problem I'm having with Devil May Cry, so I downloaded version 0.9.8 and got the plugin from there, but I get this error. It also comes along with similar errors for AVX and ZZOgl plugins, but I'm pretty sure I always got those.

Revision 5402 on a Phenom II X4

I'm really not sure what's causing it. There is only one version of the plugin that's named gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll, right?
don't try combine your 0.9.8 plug-ins to the newer pcsx2 version
and also you cannot use AVX because you have phenom x4 you can only use sse2 based plug-ins.
Really? On the wiki and in a thread I was reading, it just said to use an older version of the plugin, so I assumed you could do that.

Does that mean the only thing I can do is use 0.9.8?
er, yeah that requires an extra file - cant remember the name.... SQUALL!!!!! - what was that file for the old plugins called!!

in the meantime illa keep looking
you need to copy SDL.dll from the 0.9.8 package build as well for the older versions of GSDX.