..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Should I be getting low FPS with these specs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to play zone of the enders 2 (European) since I loved it so much when I was younger =P however, I seem to be getting very low FPS.

These are my specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor 2.80GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
6GB of DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 ultimate

From what I've been reading I should be getting much better performance than I am. I've had a mess with the settings and haven't been able to increase the frame rate much, however lowering the resolution to the lowest possible seemed to help. I'm currently getting around 25 FPS which is playable, however its not much fun ='(

One last thing that I think it should mention is that I'm using the GS plugin SSE2 because the others aren't supported by my system. I don't know if that could be my problem as i read the other two plugins are faster?

Thanks in advance ^^
You've been reading the wrong stuff then. It's known that the game is one of the most demanding ones under PCSX2, mainly a graphics card killer with any scaling above 2x or native. You probably won't be able to get better speeds than that. Maybe you could try some GSdx options like allow 8 bit textures or some skipdraw but don't hold your breath.
Thanks Bositman =) I'm curious though, why is a PS2 able to run the game smoothly however a modern computer with superior hardware is not? Is it due to the emulator still only being at an early version?
(09-11-2012, 08:15 PM)volkzero Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Bositman =) I'm curious though, why is a PS2 able to run the game smoothly however a modern computer with superior hardware is not? Is it due to the emulator still only being at an early version?
It can be due to various reasons.

For example, the Ratchet and Clank series doesn't run very well in Hardware mode because mipmapping isn't supported by GSdx.