..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: getting memory card saves off your MC onto your PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So..
is there a way to do it which does not require your disc drive to function?

My PS2 doesn't read any of my DvDs anymore, no movies, games, nothing.
I already opened it and tried to clean everything but seems like something's broken beyond my fixing capabilites.

So I wondered if there was another way to get them onto your PC?
And then use certain tools to make them work with PCSX2?

I found several USB-Adapters for the PS3, but some say they really only work with the PS3, and your PC won't detect it.

Is there any other software/hardware which could make this possible?

Would be great if someone could help out
I thought there was something that allowed PS2 MC to be attached to the PC...

Beyond that, I really don't know... unless there is a way to softmod a PS2 without a disc.
(09-15-2012, 11:10 PM)xara Wrote: [ -> ]So..
is there a way to do it which does not require your disc drive to function?

My PS2 doesn't read any of my DvDs anymore, no movies, games, nothing.
I already opened it and tried to clean everything but seems like something's broken beyond my fixing capabilites.

So I wondered if there was another way to get them onto your PC?
And then use certain tools to make them work with PCSX2?

I found several USB-Adapters for the PS3, but some say they really only work with the PS3, and your PC won't detect it.

Is there any other software/hardware which could make this possible?

Would be great if someone could help out

You copy the saves onto the ps3 with mc adapter then off the ps3 onto pc with usb. They will be .psv files on the usb. then you convert and add to pcsx2 memory card with psv exporter/ps2 save builder and mymc.
1. In case you have a PS3 (virtual memmory card) you need costum firmware and a file manager and search in the dev_flash the file with the memmory card. I found out it's exactly the same format that PCSX2 uses... hmm very intresting Sony... You can just change the extension and it works. Did it to transfer my Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix savegames to PS3.

2. If the save is on your PS2 -and it still functions- you need a physical disc or an iso of Action Replay Max (rip it on your PC, it will work no worries) and with Memmory Max save the svaegame you want in compressed format in a usb drive and then import it on your PCSX2's memmory card via MYMC. Did it for my Final Fantasy series savegames.